[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heating Problem

Footballjoe

Had some trouble with my Trane Gas Pack Unit. It is 10 yrs old and my 10 yr parts and labor warranty ran out last month. :wacko:

Anyhow when I turned it on for the first time it did not fire. The blower came on and continuosly ran and would not shut off. It did not try to fire or at least I did not hear it trying. My buddy finally got it running. We found the book on it and we saw where it said to turn the unit off and then on. Do this a couple of times, waitng at least 30 seconds in between. However, it went out again. I cannot say for sure how long it ran. It may have gotten up to the set temp and then shut off or it may have cycled on and off a few times before it went out. Just not sure. Anyhow I have it running again by doing the shut off / shut on thing. Can anyone explain whats going on.

Had some trouble with my Trane Gas Pack Unit. It is 10 yrs old and my 10 yr parts and labor warranty ran out last month. :D

Anyhow when I turned it on for the first time it did not fire. The blower came on and continuosly ran and would not shut off. It did not try to fire or at least I did not hear it trying. My buddy finally got it running. We found the book on it and we saw where it said to turn the unit off and then on. Do this a couple of times, waitng at least 30 seconds in between. However, it went out again. I cannot say for sure how long it ran. It may have gotten up to the set temp and then shut off or it may have cycled on and off a few times before it went out. Just not sure. Anyhow I have it running again by doing the shut off / shut on thing. Can anyone explain whats going on.

Tryin to remember Joe.....my Trane did the same thing and did the same trouble shotin....think they ended up replacein a Relay......chit i gotta go down and look it may come to me :wacko:

Call a heating guy. He'll fix it for $100 and you won't have to worry about it.

Then I may lose some of my manliness. :wacko:

P.S. Have him scheduled for tomorrow after 1:00 but I was hoping to get it done myself. Right now it seems to be working.

Had some trouble with my Trane Gas Pack Unit. It is 10 yrs old and my 10 yr parts and labor warranty ran out last month. :wacko:

Sounds like a bad control board to me. Your best bet would be to call a tech.

Its been cycling on and of all night. I canceled the tech and will wait to see what happens. I asked the Service Company about extending the Parts and Labor Warranty and they told me Trane should have sent m something to renew my orginal contract. Te lady I spoke with said she will look into it for me. :wacko:

Its been cycling on and of all night. I canceled the tech and will wait to see what happens. I asked the Service Company about extending the Parts and Labor Warranty and they told me Trane should have sent m something to renew my orginal contract. Te lady I spoke with said she will look into it for me. :D

is there somethun plugging the pipe outside......like a tennis ball or a dead critter or wackin material you rolled up and stored :wacko: