[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Isiah Thomas

theeohiostate

Police went to the home of former Knicks coach Isiah Thomas on Friday after getting a report of a man overdosing on prescription drugs.

The report cites a 46-year-old man --Isiah is 47-- who had consumed roughly 10 Lunesta sleeping pills. "He was unconscious, but breathing on his own," police chief David Hall said. So far there is no confirmation that Thomas was the victim, but all signs indicate that it was. We should know more soon.

Wow. If this Isiah, I hope he gets some treatment. His playing career was so incredible, all to be forgotten in New York.

Actually the report says it's a 47-year old man. Also, from ESPN:

"Reports of sleeping pills are false," Joshua added. "He doesn't take sleeping pills. He's doesn't really take anything that's not organic."

And yet, Thomas eats at Red Lobster? :wacko: In all seriousness, though, definitely hope Zeke is OK.

But reached on his cell phone, Thomas, who is 47, told the New York Post he had not been treated for a sleeping pill overdose, and that it was his 17-year-old daughter Lauren who had a medical issue.

It "wasn't an overdose," he told the newspaper. "My daughter is very down right now. None of us are OK."

Harrison Police Chief David Hall refuted Thomas' statement about his daughter to the New York Times on Friday night.

"I understand that this person claims it was his daughter; he is lying," Hall told the newspaper. "It was definitely not his daughter, it was a male. We know the difference between a 47-year-old black male and a young black female."

Hall had earlier said the case was not a suicide attempt.

"We're classifying it as an accidental overdose of prescription sleeping pills," Hall said. "I'm not going to confirm or deny that it was Isiah Thomas. It was an individual at his home."

He told The Daily News that the man took about 10 Lunesta sleeping pills. "He was unconscious, but breathing on his own," Hall told the paper.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081025/ap_on_...kn_isiah_thomas

throwing your daughter under the bus to save your own reputation....... :wacko:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081025/ap_on_...kn_isiah_thomas

throwing your daughter under the bus to save your own reputation....... :wacko:

Just read this. Now I don't know what is more troubling. A man that tries to take his own life or a man that blames his own daughter in that attempt to polish his public image.