[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs, Round 1

Azazello1313

HUGH ONE:

Man, I knew I should have taken Policy up on the million dollars.   :D

It was false braggadocio. I knew in my heart it was over; I couldn't even bring myself to watch last night. Oh, well. Time to busy myself with draft preparations . . .

Peace

policy

HUGH ONE:

xMRogers:

Anyone else stay up for the 5 hours of the Flyers/Leafs game?   I'm beat today

They didn't show it here in New York. thumbs_d Not here either - not only did I have to stay up, had to do it at the bar that could pick up Canadian Broadcasting (I even had to sit through the **** Canadian news during one intermission). So 5 hours and $50 later, I had downed about 9 beers, 25 wings (all you can eat wing night - they sucked - I got suckered in) and a bowl of ice cream....real healthy night...

Agent Aznutchzki:

ducks in 4, baby!

egret, guess that makes the wings the junior bitches' bitches!    lol  

angry F'n Junior Bitches angry

Now that the Wings are out, look out for the Ducks and Blues in the Western. angry

HUGH ONE:

xMRogers:

Anyone else stay up for the 5 hours of the Flyers/Leafs game?   I'm beat today

They didn't show it here in New York. thumbs_d Are you sure Hugh? I thought I saw it on ESPN2 last night or was that the night before. If it was a triple OT game then it was on here in Bergen on Cablevision. Then again, I'm a Devs fan so I couldn't care less who wins. :D

Agent Aznutchzki:

i don't think minnesota can win a 7-game series here.

It sure is getting interesting though, isn't it?

Remember Az, don't blame it on running into a hot goalie. wink

Should be a great night tonight, with 3 game 7's on the venue. Unfortunately, I think the Wild's ride will probably come to an end in Denver. I like all 3 home teams to win tonight, and Philly to do it quite convincingly.

Personally, I like the Canucks, the Wild and the Leafs tonight. I think Belfour will be the key for Toronto and they'll take it 2-1. For Minnesota, the key will be getting an early lead and solid goaltending. I think Roy will lay another game 7 egg with the Wild taking it 5-2 getting an empty-netter late for their 5th. I also think Oz will get hammered by Naslund, Bertuzzi and co. tonight with the Canucks taking it 5-3. We'll see :P :rolleyes: wink brow :D

I'll take Colorado, Vanc and Philly - home team isn't just the home team, they were the better team in the reg season. Those two things combined make the favorites the pick (although I'd actually state one of these three will most likely lose - just not sure which one...)

What's the record for most OT period in a playoff series, cause the Flyers-Leafs have 7 (in three OT games)...

Agent Aznutchzki:

belfour has proven to be a DOMINANT playoff goalie.  the two series when the stars beet the avs in the conference finals (99 and 00?) tell you all you need to know about this guy's ability under pressure.

cechmanek has never won a playoff series.

Until now...That was the Eddie Belfour I remember tonight....wandering around the net, getting penalties for checking guys on the boards???.....He lost all focus in game 7.

All and all a great series to watch though.

thumbs_u

I keep hearing in Dallas what a cake walk the Stars will have with Detroit losing and now the Avalanche.

Soooo easy to overlook Anehiem who not only swept the defending champs but made it look easy. The Ducks are playing great right now and no team in the playoffs is a slouch.

3 game sevens! Wow.

policyvote:

policyvote:

Remember how everyone said Roy was playing the best hockey of his life all last season?  Remember how he choked in the playoffs?  You'll see a repeat this year, I guarantee it.

Peace

policy

:Dyour "guarantees" about hockey carry about as much weight as those of a used car salesman.

turnover.

think back to last year. of the 4 teams left in the west, one of them (vancouver) was an 8 seed who lost in the first round. the other 3 teams didnt even make the playoffs.

the 4 teams in last year's conference finals? rediwngs, avs, 'canes, leafs. all long gone.

people usually say the best thing for hockey would be another wings/avs matchup. i agree that's probably great for short term ratings, but i think this turnover is a good thing. for one, it brings new markets into the sports euphoria that is a successful stanley cup playoffs run. the sport hooks a lot of previously sort of neutral fans for life that way. second, it shows that you don't need an $8 million/year goalie and a bunch of superstars to win. you need desire and persistence and endurance. it helps to have peter forsberg and patrick roy, but a hungrier team trumps even that.

i love hockey. but i guess i have to pick a new team to root for this year. go ducks! cool_thu

Agent Aznutchzki:

turnover.

think back to last year.  of the 4 teams left in the west, one of them (vancouver) was an 8 seed who lost in the first round.  the other 3 teams didnt even make the playoffs.

the 4 teams in last year's conference finals?  rediwngs, avs, 'canes, leafs.  all long gone.

people usually say the best thing for hockey would be another wings/avs matchup.  i agree that's probably great for short term ratings, but i think this turnover is a good thing.  for one, it brings new markets into the sports euphoria that is a successful stanley cup playoffs run.  the sport hooks a lot of previously sort of neutral fans for life that way.  second, it shows that you don't need an $8 million/year goalie and a bunch of superstars to win.  you need desire and persistence and endurance.  it helps to have peter forsberg and patrick roy, but a hungrier team trumps even that.

i love hockey.  but i guess i have to pick a new team to root for this year.  go ducks!    cool_thu  

thumbs_u

I agree; That's also one of the same reasons I love the NFL so much. Year after year new contenders are on the rise and the parity makes it much more exciting. I don't understand how people can get so excited about baseball.....gee who would have guessed the Yankees would by 17-3 by now....

wink