[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WNBA

Grits and Shins

Man, I loved David Stern's handling of this - "so let me get this straight - we go ahead and financially back a womens league that loses money hand over fist, give US women a way to play and stay in the states, pay them a decent salary compared to the non-athlete, plus about half a year off if they want to suplement, give new backing (think they just committed $12M or so to the league), and the players are going to hold-out? Yea, season cancelled if there is a single day of hold out"

I like the idea of womens basketball, and am glad to see a US league (not that I've ever actually bothered to watch) - if I have a daughter, want her to know that there are female pro athletes earning a living just like men. However, until you actually have financial power because there are profits at stake, you have got to be kidding me with the idea of striking - ****, the NBA will save a ton by not having the WNBA season, not lose money...

Grits and Shins:

AtomicCEO:

I was wondering this weekend why there isn't a WNBA Video game?

... oh right.  nevermind.

They might could sell one if the players were naked ... wink Um..naked lesbians playing basketball. It might sell..