[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Installimg New RAM

SEC=UGA

Okay, so I have a new RAM card (i guess that's what you call it) coming for my computer tomorrow and I intend to install it myself. I have looked at the instructions on-line and it sounds easy. Is this really as easy as it sounds and can any idiot perform this task (alluding to myself) or is there much more to it.

Finally, I'm setting the over under on my ability to install this at 35 minutes, if anyone wants to bet I could probably figure out how to web cam the process...

Make sure you are grounded when you take it out of the static-guard wrapper and try and hold it by the sides (not touching the circuitry). Just stay grounded for the whole procedure of pulling it out of the wrapper, and keying it into the slot and you shouldn't have any problems.

If you do have any problems they generally won't show up for a month or two at which point your whole computer will have a complete meltdown... :wacko:

Make sure you are grounded when you take it out of the static-guard wrapper and try and hold it by the sides (not touching the circuitry). Just stay grounded for the whole procedure of pulling it out of the wrapper, and keying it into the slot and you shouldn't have any problems.

If you do have any problems they generally won't show up for a month or two at which point your whole computer will have a complete meltdown... :wacko:

Suweeeeeeeet!!!!

Okay, so I have a new RAM card (i guess that's what you call it) coming for my computer tomorrow and I intend to install it myself. I have looked at the instructions on-line and it sounds easy. Is this really as easy as it sounds and can any idiot perform this task (alluding to myself) or is there much more to it.

Finally, I'm setting the over under on my ability to install this at 35 minutes, if anyone wants to bet I could probably figure out how to web cam the process...

If your still wearing your protective padded head gear, you should be okay!

...and If you need any pointers give me a call.

Installing Ram 101

Make sure all power is off to the computer.

Like unplug it from the wall or unplug ffrom back of case.

If installing on a laptop.

take out battery also.

Now you can get 7 year old to do it.

Edited by iliketea