[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Screw Comcast!

rocknrobn26

Want to update my regular box for an HD w/ DVR. The Mofo's are charging an extra $10 for the new box /month PLUS $18 to activate it! WTH!!!!????

I'm activating the box not asking for a tech to help! Im' hooking up the box! Not your techs!

SCREW COMCAST! I hate this company, but AT&T says they offer nothing in my area! So I have to sleep w/ the devil! :wacko::D

Rant over, but I'd love to meet with the politicos that got Comcast this Monopoly! I'd make them see God in a negative sense!

Done, but pissed to the max.

Want to update my regular box for an HD w/ DVR. The Mofo's are charging an extra $10 for the new box /month PLUS $18 to activate it! WTH!!!!????

I'm activating the box not asking for a tech to help! Im' hooking up the box! Not your techs!

SCREW COMCAST! I hate this company, but AT&T says they offer nothing in my area! So I have to sleep w/ the devil! :D:D

Rant over, but I'd love to meet with the politicos that got Comcast this Monopoly! I'd make them see God in a negative sense!

When I moved back up to Northern California (From Cox Cable territory) we called Comcast to install cable for us. The appointment was for five days in advanced, which was fine except the technician never showed up. When we called Comcast and explained the situation to them, they said the soonest they could get someone out to us was in 17 days. Absolutely ridiculous. I threw a fit and eventually went in to the local office and blasted one of the managers. She said "Sorry, nothing we can do" so I closed my account with them.

After two days of looking at all the other internet providers, including AT&T, I had to come to the hard realization that simply no one could compete with the price for speed Comcast was offering.

So I called them back up, talked to a really nice woman and explained what was going on, and she got a technician to my house four days later and gave me a month free.

While I feel your pain and share your hatred for Comcast, I think it all really comes down to who you get on the phone. Call back a few times until you get someone really nice is all I can recommend.

Good Luck :wacko:

Don't get me started on those fine upstanding young mans... I have had letters to the editor posted about them. All you have to do is complain.. Every day.. About something.. Even if you have to make it up.. After like a week of complaining, call them and tell them you want to cancel and you are getting Direct TV.. You will be shocked at what they are willing to do to get you to stay. I cut my comcast bill in half a few months ago.

Don't get me started on those fine upstanding young mans... I have had letters to the editor posted about them. All you have to do is complain.. Every day.. About something.. Even if you have to make it up.. After like a week of complaining, call them and tell them you want to cancel and you are getting Direct TV.. You will be shocked at what they are willing to do to get you to stay. I cut my comcast bill in half a few months ago.

I got them to cut my Comcast bill and it was a 1 yr promo...I was getting 2 HD boxes, one of them a DVR and 2 digital boxes with internet and phone for about 150.00...

the only problem is 5 months later they decided I don't deserve that promo anymore and my bill was over 350.00 and they pretty much just shrugged....

I will never get Comcast again.....period, end of story....I don't care if I don't get the local sports teams (except Eagles games of course)...I can always go elsewhere to watch the games...

what they do in Philadelphia is plain sick...

I've had Charter, Cox, and Comcast in my lifetime and it would be a toss up for wish one sucked the most! They point is the ALL sucked! Eventually I switched to Dish Network, and then to DirecTV, and both have been head and shoulders above those cable bastards!!

Make the switch! People sometimes fear if they move to a satellite/dish system they might have problems with signal loss or signal drops. However, the satellite companies have improved their service dramatically in this regard. My personal experience has been that I might...might...drop a signal twice in a year (and this is only during REALLY bad storms). The best part about them is, as they improve their systems, they don't turn around and pass the cost on to the customer. I haven't had an increase on my bill in years. I have recommended to friends and family that they give them a try (after listening to them bitch about their cable companies) and every one of those that made the switch to a dish system has stated they will never go back to cable. Take the plunge, you'll thank me later.

Frickin' cable companies are a joke.

Edited by millerx

I've had Charter, Cox, and Comcast in my lifetime and it would be a toss up for wish one sucked the most! The point is the ALL sucked! Switched to Dish Network, and then to DirecTV, both have been head and shoulders above those cable bastards!! People sometimes cringe at losing a signal with the dish, but they have improved their service dramatically, and I might...might...drop a signal teice a year in REALLY bad storms. The best part about themis, when the improve their systems, they don't turn around and pass the cost on to the customer. I haven't had an increase in years. Everyone I have pointed to their direction has said they will never go back also. Taker the plunge, you'll thank me later.

Frickin' cable companies are a joke. And as someone said earlier, screw their corrupt monopoly!

I'm not normally a grammar nazi but this is some fine drunk posting :wacko:

SCREW COMCAST! I hate this company, but AT&T says they offer nothing in my area! So I have to sleep w/ the devil! :wacko::D

be careful what you wish for.

we have comcast internet. by itself, it's sort of pricey, but i will say that in a year-plus, no outages, save for 1-2 hours every 4 months. couple weeks ago i got a call from AT&T telemarketing. i almost hung up, but they said they'd give me their top-tier DSL ($15 cheaper than comcast), lock in the price for two years, no contracts and give me $270 in rebates and gift cards. all i have to do is try it for 30 days. so i figure what the hell. they send me the modem, i hook it up and the letter it came with said the service was supposed to be turned on last thursday. nope. since then i've been on the phone with techies for a total of about 2-3 hours, running the same stupid "unplug it and plug it back in" tests over and over, and now am waiting for some random techie to call me when they figure it out (they never do; you always have to call them and spend 10 minutes re-explaining everything). my wife says to forget it. i'm cheap and want to save $15 a month.

I'm not normally a grammar nazi but this is some fine drunk posting :wacko:

:D

WOW! I should have put the Vodka down and walked away! I read through my rant and was stunned at just how incoherent it actually was. Thanks, Puddy... cause somebody needed to say something. Geez. You are obviously veteran enough to know drunken writing when you see it.

I'm gonna go check into an AA meeting right now. I've since edited my post, but will have your quotation of the original for posterity.

Edited by millerx

:wacko:

WOW! I should have put the Vodka down and walked away! I read through my rant and was stunned at just how incoherent it actually was. Thanks, Puddy... cause somebody needed to say something. Geez. You are obviously veteran enough to know drunken writing when you see it.

I'm gonna go check into an AA meeting right now. I've since edited my post, but will have your quotation of the original for posterity.

I'm glad you said you edited your original post because it read fine to me. I was thinking Puddy must REALLY be a hell of a grammar expert...

So... my challenge has always been:

To get a bundle of internet with DTV, I'd have to go through Qwest, and Qwest sucks dead donkey balls.

Also, I hesitate to get rid of Comcast because we use a lot of the OnDemand stuff with the kids.

But, I there is a new point-to-point wireless service out here at 1.5 Mbps up/down...

and I think I could replace OnDemand with bittorrent now that I have a media PC hooked up.

So maybe I could get out of Comcast. :wacko:

Thanks all for reading and commenting on my rant....

I tried playin' the "I'm getting a DTV" card last spring when my "trial offer" expired. Didn't work, as they know I'd still have to use their BB. Plus my neighbors that have the dish need 2 of them. The extra one is for local broadcasts. And that the dish(s) would have to be on the front of the house and there is a tree, neighbor's, that is smack in the way.

I guess my main complaint is that Comcast has a strangle hold on the market for BB, AT&T doesn't feel like investing in an area where their return is questionable at the very least, and the aesthetics/practicality of a dish just doesn't work for me.

Thanks again.

So I called them back up, talked to a really nice woman and explained what was going on, and she got a technician to my house four days later and gave me a month free.

While I feel your pain and share your hatred for Comcast, I think it all really comes down to who you get on the phone. Call back a few times until you get someone really nice is all I can recommend.

Good Luck :wacko:

I have also done this several times. If you don't get what you want, try calling back till you get someone who will give you what you want. Sometimes i'll call right back and other times i'll wait until the next day. This really does work, you just have to get the right person on the line and magically things change. I find this especially true when calling tech support. For billing and services, calling during the day usually gets better results also.

SCREW COMCAST! I hate this company, but AT&T says they offer nothing in my area! So I have to sleep w/ the devil! :D:D

What took you so long? :wacko: I've been expecting this for a couple of years now.

When Milwaukee had cable built in the early 80's Warner got the bid over a local co op because they offered more, but half way through said they couldn't do the job for their bid. They were allowed to up the price by a substantial ammt. I don't think it was a coincidence.