[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL requires Quinn to play without helmet

trezmal

NFL Network's debut game of the week prominently featured Brady Quinn, taking every opportunity to cut away from the boring, on-field "action" to show Brady - sans helmet - warming up, playing catch and just generally frolicking on the sidelines.

Said Commissioner Goodell, "the fan response was tremendous...Quinn is better looking than Tom [brady] so it makes sense to showcase both his burgeoning talent and his maddeningly handsome visage." When asked if player safety might not be compromised, Goodell said Quinn should be able to last a few games without the helmet, "at least long enough for developers to perfect the see-through prototype."

Goodell further teased that Quinn's striking countenance may not be the only feature he plans to require Quinn to display, "I've never really liked pants and spamshirts," was all that Goodell would say.

If you actually believe that, you need to put down the Kool-Aid.

From what I've heard her say with my own ears, I'm putting absolutely nothing past her. Besides, the link I saw was from that wacko liberal media outlet Fox. Or are they part of the left wing conspiracy now as well?

None the less, in all fairness, I suppose "confirmed" was too strong a word. I suppose I meant "confirmed" as in, I heard people talking about it and assumed it was nothing more than something that was floating around on random blogs and what not. Then I saw political pundits discussing it on a National news broadcast.

Regardless, I'm nearly certain the bit about NAFTA is 100% true.

Edited by detlef

From what I've heard her say with my own ears, I'm putting absolutely nothing past her. Besides, the link I saw was from that wacko liberal media outlet Fox. Or are they part of the left wing conspiracy now as well?

It's more likely that McCain's staffers have better relationships with Fox's reporters than, say, MSNBC's. In that event, it's not surprising that Fox would get information (correct or not) from them first.

I'm a little disappointed in this d-bag McCain staffer's choice of baseless accusations. If a superior pissed me off at work and I wanted to get back at her by making her look like an idiot, I'd make claims that were actually somewhat believable. I'm pretty sure that Piper Palin knows that Africa is a continent.

None the less, in all fairness, I suppose "confirmed" was too strong a word. I suppose I meant "confirmed" as in, I heard people talking about it and assumed it was nothing more than something that was floating around on random blogs and what not. Then I saw political pundits discussing it on a National news broadcast.

Regardless, I'm nearly certain the bit about NAFTA is 100% true.

Given that Palin's husband's fishing business is directly affected by NAFTA (specifically, the loss of Alaskan fishing jobs due to Canadian farmed-salmon imports into the U.S), I'd be willing to bet that they know some basic facts about NAFTA.

If Palin were as stupid/uneducated as you want to believe she is, I'm sure that Obama's surrogates would've found much more damning evidence when they spent the entire month of September digging up dirt on her in Alaska. All the king's horses (armed with a $600 million war chest) and all the media's men found pretty much jack squat. Her enemies tended to accuse her of having being a hard-ass and difficult to work with (which I can believe), but I don't recall very many of them calling her a stupid hick.

And speaking of stupidity, I can't imagine how you feel about Joe Biden being "a heartbeat away from the Presidency" in 2 1/2 months. :wacko: We have a lot more than hearsay from which to base serious questions about his knowledge and general level of intellect.

Edited by Bill Swerski