[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willie Parker--Torn Labrum?

Rileyrott

According to NFL.com, Parker was told this week he has a torn labrum in his shoulder that will require offseason surgery.

Parker was told this week that he has a torn labrum in his shoulder that will require offseason surgery, a league source said this weekend. Parker will not play Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts and there are questions about when he will play again. If he does, he will have to wear a shoulder harnass, making the job of playing running back that much tougher.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/11/09/shoulder-a...teelers-parker/

Per ESPN.COM:

Parker denied the NFL.com report on Sunday and told ESPN's Bob Holtzman no one has told him he has a torn labrum. Parker said the first he heard of the report was when he got a call from his agent Sunday morning. Parker said his body is "beat up" but does not expect to be out for the season and hopes to play next week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3691898

Sounds like he'll be back at some point, just hopefully not next week. I love Mewelde, the TDs were there today, but his 2.5 yards per carry were nothing to write home about.

Moore earned every inch of those 2.5 yds per carry as well as turned a few 5 yard receptions into 8 yard 1st downs.

I missed parts of the game (at a bar with poor tv locations) but that's re-assuring.

As a MM owner I'm hopeful the Steelers don't bring in a bigger body to spell him. I think he can get the job done.

Any Monday morning news on Parker?

He did get stuffed at the goal line but I'm not sure if Earl Campbell would have fared much better on that play.

I think MM has more value between the 2 in PPR leagues....

Parker doesn't seem as effective in the passing game, plus MM is known for this even in Minny.....he's good at catching the ball and making plays in that respect rather than getting the tough yards between tackles...

plus I think the Steelers suffered from a short week...

I don't have a link but they are saying that he may require off season surgery. They are reporting that he should be back this week.

MM has done well and his pass catching is what is making the points but in this Steeler fan eyes there is no way that MM is going to take over for FWP. Stats have looked good and MM has done well but it is still 100% FWP's show.

I don't have a link but they are saying that he may require off season surgery. They are reporting that he should be back this week.

MM has done well and his pass catching is what is making the points but in this Steeler fan eyes there is no way that MM is going to take over for FWP. Stats have looked good and MM has done well but it is still 100% FWP's show.

I like FWP so I do wish him the best but at the same time I can really use MM this coming week.

A tough year for FWP that started off so promising...

If it is a torn labrum, given what that did to Chad's pass catching ability I think you can write off FWP making any receiving plays out of the backfield.

Given that Moore is playing generally very effectively I doubt the Steelers rush Willie back if he needs time to heal...will be interesting to hear how the news unfolds about him this week.

WashD

A tough year for FWP that started off so promising...

If it is a torn labrum, given what that did to Chad's pass catching ability I think you can write off FWP making any receiving plays out of the backfield.

Given that Moore is playing generally very effectively I doubt the Steelers rush Willie back if he needs time to heal...will be interesting to hear how the news unfolds about him this week.

WashD

I assume it is easier for a WR to play through this pain compared to a RB.

it is still 100% FWP's show.

Based on FWP's injury-prone nature these last two years, and Moore's effectiveness off the pine, I'd be shocked if is "100% FWP's show".

I could definitely see Moore stealing parker's 3rd-down snaps, as well as subbing him altogether for a series or two.

Going forward, if Pitt runs the ball 25 times per game, It wouldn't shock me one bit to see Moore get 6-10 of those carries.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Hmm...I thought MM got pretty lucky as far as the stat lines go. Weren't the two touchdowns basically from the 1 or 2 yard line. If Ward or Washington (not sure on one of the long passes) could have pushed/dragged a defender an extra yard...MM wouldn't have been so set up for the easy TDs. Maybe I'm just bitter because I lost to the MM owner this week (but it wasn't even close with Cutler/Marshall/ADP going crazy) but I don't know if I'd count on him for steady stats regardless of FWP.

Based on FWP's injury-prone nature these last two years, and Moore's effectiveness off the pine, I'd be shocked if is "100% FWP's show".

I could definitely see Moore stealing parker's 3rd-down snaps, as well as subbing him altogether for a series or two.

Going forward, if Pitt runs the ball 25 times per game, It wouldn't shock me one bit to see Moore get 6-10 of those carries.

FWP never was the third down back so when I said 100% FWP's show I didn't mean 100%. :wacko: What I meant was that when FWP comes back, (based on what I have read and I still don't have a link), things will go back to what they were prior to FWP getting hurt. Now there always was a second back that would get those 10 touches and I very much think that will be MM and MM will make the most out of those 3rd down catches but all I am saying is that I do not think for a minute that MM is going to start to split carries with FWP.

Now if the injury bug is worse than I am reading then it should be MM's show.

Weren't the two touchdowns basically from the 1 or 2 yard line. If Ward or Washington (not sure on one of the long passes) could have pushed/dragged a defender an extra yard...MM wouldn't have been so set up for the easy TDs.

This is dead on. I am an MM owner and I loved it. It sort of made up for my Eddie Royal TD that he left at the one. MM has had a few of these but this week those two plays saved all the MM owners.

edit to add: He should have had a third but the third would have been one that he really earned but the Steelers could not punch it in from 1st and goal at the 2 yard line. :wacko:

Edited by Skippy

Hmm...I thought MM got pretty lucky as far as the stat lines go. Weren't the two touchdowns basically from the 1 or 2 yard line. If Ward or Washington (not sure on one of the long passes) could have pushed/dragged a defender an extra yard...MM wouldn't have been so set up for the easy TDs. Maybe I'm just bitter because I lost to the MM owner this week (but it wasn't even close with Cutler/Marshall/ADP going crazy) but I don't know if I'd count on him for steady stats regardless of FWP.

:wacko:

6 catches for 48 yards

57 yards rushing

2 TDs

but even without the two one-yard TD runs (12.2 fantasy points), MM had a very nice 16.3 point afternoon. And yesterday, that would have been better than Westbrook, Grant, Addai & LT, among others.

Here are all his weeks when he has started this year, with PPR fantasy points scored:

Week 10: 28.5

Week 8: 17.4

Week 7: 36.4

Week 6: bye

Week 5: 14.6

Week 4: 8.0 (vs Ravens)

And don't discount his goalline chances...its where many RBs go from being just a sirloin steak to a filet mignon. Its why we typically draft RBs higher than WRs...because they get to take advantage of this scenario.

This is dead on. I am an MM owner and I loved it. It sort of made up for my Eddie Royal TD that he left at the one. MM has had a few of these but this week those two plays saved all the MM owners.

edit to add: He should have had a third but the third would have been one that he really earned but the Steelers could not punch it in from 1st and goal at the 2 yard line. :wacko:

Not to be picky, but I think it was 1st and goal from the 5. Which, btw was set up by back to back plays by MM himself. On 1st down, he got down to the 2. Second down, he almost pushed it in. Then 3rd down a Indy player shot the gap and nailed him perfectly.

Not a massive difference, but it does sort of matter.

Not to be picky, but I think it was 1st and goal from the 5. Which, btw was set up by back to back plays by MM himself. On 1st down, he got down to the 2. Second down, he almost pushed it in. Then 3rd down a Indy player shot the gap and nailed him perfectly.

Not a massive difference, but it does sort of matter.

I am pretty sure EVERY RB can get shut down from 1st and goal. He punched it in the other 2 times from the one.

I think you are right in that it was first and goal from the five and I did say that he earned that one. When I said he earned it I was speaking of him getting the ball down to the five on two pretty nice plays. In fact they were two of his best plays during the entire game.

I think you are right in that it was first and goal from the five and I did say that he earned that one. When I said he earned it I was speaking of him getting the ball down to the five on two pretty nice plays. In fact they were two of his best plays during the entire game.

Funny thing is that my wife sat down to watch with me right before those two plays that got them down to the five. I told her to root for #21. He quickly rips off those two carries and she looks at me like, "there you go". Then he almost busts in on the next one, still more "don't underestimate the power of your wife" looks. Then of course, he gets stuffed, so I remind her to close the deal next time.