[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think I have a hernia.

tbimm

What kind of hernia ? Where is it ? I had an umbilical hernia (darin did as well ) Belly button was poppin out like a grape. Had surgery and was back in work in one week. Took painkillers for 3 years though..Just to make sure :wacko: I was able to just have the hernia relieved and they reattached my stomach lining. If you need the mesh recovery is a little longer I have heard

Edited by whomper

...If you need the mesh recovery is a little longer I have heard...

If you have a double & they use the mesh, count on 2 or even 3 weeks.

:wacko:

As an aside - ask your surgeon about the Laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair technique vs. the "Open" repair approach ... the former is less invasive, and usually offers a quicker recovery.

Edited by ts

What kind of hernia ? Where is it ? I had an umbilical hernia (darin did as well ) Belly button was poppin out like a grape. Had surgery and was back in work in one week. Took painkillers for 3 years though..Just to make sure :D I was able to just have the hernia relieved and they reattached my stomach lining. If you need the mesh recovery is a little longer I have heard

a tasty morsel. I had the mesh surgery and I was back at work in a few days. :wacko:

The Vic's were nice. :D

Yuk!

Anybody have any pointers on what I am in for?

If you have an inguinal hernia, you will probably need a mesh inserted over the defect. It's usually done as an outpatient. Depending on how strenuous your job duties are, you will need anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks at home to heal.

I had surgery on my inguinal hernia about 10 years ago. The procedure was not bad at all and neither was the recovery. If I remember correctly I was up an around after about two days and felt relatively well.

Also, I had had the hernia for about 4 years before having the surgery. When I would drink large quantities of beer, it seemed to inflate. People found it really neat when I would push it in and it would make a gurgling sound.

The surgery on mine was a little mor complex, because I had let it ride for so long it had some new connective/scar tissue that had grown and they had to dig around a bit more. By the second day my cock and balls were purple, that was kind of startling. They put the mesh in. I have had no problems since the surgery.

Mine is more down in the groin area. Not even sure thats what it is. I talked to my GF's uncle who is a urologist and he seems to think it may be more a lymph node or testicular issue. Not ruling out hernia but from my description he felt my first course of action was to see a urologist. I am making an appointment tomorrow and will keep up to date here with what I find out.

After the conversation I had yesterday I am actually hoping it is a hernia now! :wacko:

Mine is more down in the groin area. Not even sure thats what it is. I talked to my GF's uncle who is a urologist and he seems to think it may be more a lymph node or testicular issue. Not ruling out hernia but from my description he felt my first course of action was to see a urologist. I am making an appointment tomorrow and will keep up to date here with what I find out.

After the conversation I had yesterday I am actually hoping it is a hernia now! :wacko:

Interesting. My inguinal was apparent about 3 inches above the base of my penis and about 2 inches to the right.

Just giving you something to work off of.

When you lift something does it feel like your tenders are going to explode? I mean like lifting an empty cardboard box. Hernia's can hurt like the debil.

No. That is the problem. The expected pain from a hernia isn't there. I can't get a docs appt till dec 12th. Suck!

No. That is the problem. The expected pain from a hernia isn't there. I can't get a docs appt till dec 12th. Suck!

Jeez! That's a long time to wait for an appointment!!! :wacko: