[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Entourage is good but....

thenflblog

Favorite HBO Comedy Series  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Besides 'Entourage', which HBO comedy series do you like best?

• Little Britain USA
    • Summer Heights High
    • The Life and Times of Tim
    • Flight of the Conchords

... I have to say, I've really enjoyed the last few series on HBO after 'Entourage'. I've grown to like all of the above, and something tells me I'm going to like Summer Heights High more than the others. It kind of reminds me of 'The Office', but based in an Australian high school. It's so ridiculous though, I was cracking up the majority of the first episode.

So what are your thoughts on the fine programming choices from HBO these days?

Where is Curb Your Enthusiasm? Oh, I see, its way more funny then Entourage, which I like, but don't really even consider it a comedy, so it lies outside the range of your pole. :wacko:

I would hope that many of us lie outside the range of his pole.

Where is Curb Your Enthusiasm? Oh, I see, its way more funny then Entourage, which I like, but don't really even consider it a comedy, so it lies outside the range of your pole. :wacko:

Oh, I definitely enjoy that too. I wanted to keep the poll to the newer shows though that only have a season under their belt. Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm have proved that they are worth keeping on the air, and I hope at least a few of these shows have the same long run!

Other than Jeremy Piven, Entourage is a complete and total waste of time. I was really excited for Little Britain but haven't seen it. Keep me updated on the Summer Heights High

Little Britain USA really surprised me, it's basically the same characters in different situations each episode, but they play the characters so well. I also like it because it's a bunch of 2-3 min unrelated clips that comprise the 30 min air time, so it's not like you have to see one before the other or watch the entire episode if you don't have the time. I've been trying to find more episodes from BBC when it was just 'Little Britain'.

I still need to see episode #2 of Summer Heights High, but judging from the first one, this is going to be good. One guy plays three different characters - a drama teacher, a stuck-up teenage girl, and a trouble making 'gangsta' student. I think it's one of those where a description doesn't justify the actual show, though. Definitely worth checking out if you get the time!