[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb...are you serious?

HowboutthemCowboys

bandwagon :wacko:

While McNabb not knowing the OT rule is rather bizzare, as it is common knowledge to most astute fans, the fact remains it had little effect on the game. The players knew it was "first to score wins", and the goal was just that. It is surprising, however, that it never came up before in his career, nor on the sidelines as the clock was winding down. Not one person said "This could be our last possession if we don't score". I find that remarkable. But as many pointed out, there were quite a few players that didn't know the game would end after 15 minutes...and from the postgame interviews, there were more than a handful of Bengals that didn't know, either. Just wierd, but I guess since so many OT games are decided before the clock expires, you just don't see it very often.

But just as the season wasn't over for the Cowboys two weeks ago...just as it wasn't when the Giants got throttled by the Browns....just as it wasn't when the Colts started slowly....the Eagles still control their own destiny. This is still the same team that everyone was lauding when they handed the Steelers a hard-fought loss just 5 weeks ago. Much will have to change between yesterday and next week, but the fact remains, they are 1/2 game out of the playoff picture, and got very fortunate that two of the teams ahead of them (Redskins & Falcons) both lost yesterday...and they still control their own destiny.

I'm sorry Swammi but if the Birds can't beat the Bengals then this season is over. Reid just won't run the ball and it has cost them at least 2-3 games this year. How do you expect to be able to run in short yardage situations or call play action when you never run the ball. And don't get me started on the FB position or lack there of.

This is two weeks in a row where the opposing team has stated that they knew which plays were coming. The Bengals have one of the worst rush defenses, a top 10 pass defense, and it was extremely windy yesterday yet Reid decides to throw the ball almost 60 times. I just can't watch the games anymore. It is the same crap over and over. Throw 7 times, run once, throw 5 times, run once, etc. You just can't do that, especially when McNabb has started the last 3 games looking like poop.

Reid just won't run the ball and it has cost them at least 2-3 games this year. How do you expect to be able to run in short yardage situations or call play action when you never run the ball.

Wait, a couple weeks ago, Reid ran it twice on 3rd and 4th down at the end of the game and caught hell here for it.

Has McNabb ever wondered where his team was in the standings? Did he ever look in a newspaper to see what his team's record was? Did he ever notice that when you do this, there are THREE columns in the standings?

McNabb is an idiot. Plain and simple. You cannot look any more stupid with the comments he made. I can understand not LIKING the rule, but to say he didn't KNOW the rule is beyond belief. I asked my dad what would happen if two teams tied before I was a teenager. It's hard to believe a 10 year NFL veteran QB never had the question cross his mind. Did he ever wonder why the clock ran in overtime? DId he ever wonder why the Falcons and Steelers had a mysterious third number in their record 5 years ago? Can he possibly be so stupid as to think a play-off game or Super Bowl could end in a tie? Has he ever glanced at NFL standings in the paper and seen 3 columns? One labeled W, one labeled L, and one labeled T? :D

Do you guys seriously think that NFL players actually read the newspaper? :D

No, seriously though, I think this really emphasizes how out of touch NFL players, or professional athletes in general, are with what goes on around them. They make a living killing playing a game. The rest of what goes on around them doesn't matter to them. Now, I was just as surprised as the next person when I heard McNabb's comments. But, the scary part is that I'm not convinced he is in the minority here... he just happens to be the one who admitted it first. From the sound of it, several of his teammates didn't know the rule either.

That said, I don't think the game would have been played any differently had they known. McNabb and the Eagles couldn't seem to get a first down if they lives depended on it, whether they thought it was their last possession or not. It just makes me wonder what went on or was said during that overtime period on the PHI sideline... obviously, not much in terms of communication. If I'm Reid, and we're about to get the ball back with a few minutes left in overtime, I make it very clear to my offense (and especially my QB) that it's probably our last chance to come away with a W. Doesn't sound like that happened. :wacko:

But, the scary part is that I'm not convinced he is in the minority here... he just happens to be the one who admitted it first. From the sound of it, several of his teammates didn't know the rule either.

From sportsline article:

"Me and Greg Lewis were discussing it on the sideline, so we asked one of our trainers and he told us it ends in a tie," running back Correll Buckhalter said. "I found out while we were in OT," rookie wideout DeSean Jackson said.

"I thought we kept playing," linebacker Omar Gaither said.

The might just be sticking up for their fearless leader.

Edited by Outshined