[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who are you sitting Rivers for tonight ?

Henry Muto

Imposter!

The real Henry Muto would wait until tomorrow and then post with 20/20 clarity. That is why guys pay big money at www.henrymuto.com!

actually I post many things before they happen and I have an actual thought on what I think people should do. Go look it up. I have said many times as the Huddle Gods were drafting that they were making mistakes on the players they were taking...ala S-Holmes the huge bust from Pitt. I said 3rd round was way too early for Holmes...what do you think Roethlisberger is throwing 32 TD's again.......go look it up. I was off the Larry Johnson top 10 PPR huddle ranking as well....go look it up. I was on the Randy Moss ranking calling him a steal at pick 11 or 12 whatever it was in that huddle draft...that one I got wrong because Brady got hurt but I said it and I would say it again.

Hmmm

The Studyofsports.com staff would like to welcome Kyle Holmes to the writing team! Kyle will be covering the Oakland Raiders.

Currently an English Major at the University of California, Davis, Kyle has grown up a football fan in northern California. Throughout the week he’s a full time student and part time sales consultant at a computer shop. On weekends you’ll find him armed with a DVR and NFL Sunday Ticket soaking in as much football as possible. In addition to watching football, Kyle enjoys playing recreational football, as well as competing competitively in fantasy football. Kyle competes in two IDP (Individual Defensive Player) dynasty leagues, and two redraft leagues, all of which have generous payouts. At the end of the 2008 Fantasy Regular-Season, Kyle finished his four leagues with a combined record of 36-16, with all four teams playoff bound. In addition to supporting the Oakland Raiders, Kyle also cheers for his NCAA team - the Cal Golden Bears. His passion for the Bears carries over into the NFL, where he actively follows and supports the careers of Cal players, regardless of team. Despite his love and allegance to the Pac-10 however, he will never in any situation bring himself to support USC. After writing several pieces on the Oakland Raiders and Fantasy Football for various football websites, Kyle has combined his passion for the game with his education in writing to contribute to the S.O.S. team. Through his in-depth football knowledge and unbiased perception of the Raiders, he hopes to bring readers insightful news and analysis that will ultimately broaden their perception of sports and Raiders Football.

We are proud to have you on board, Kyle!

Hmmm

The Studyofsports.com staff would like to welcome Kyle Holmes to the writing team! Kyle will be covering the Oakland Raiders.

Currently an English Major at the University of California, Davis, Kyle has grown up a football fan in northern California. Throughout the week he’s a full time student and part time sales consultant at a computer shop. On weekends you’ll find him armed with a DVR and NFL Sunday Ticket soaking in as much football as possible. In addition to watching football, Kyle enjoys playing recreational football, as well as competing competitively in fantasy football. Kyle competes in two IDP (Individual Defensive Player) dynasty leagues, and two redraft leagues, all of which have generous payouts. At the end of the 2008 Fantasy Regular-Season, Kyle finished his four leagues with a combined record of 36-16, with all four teams playoff bound. In addition to supporting the Oakland Raiders, Kyle also cheers for his NCAA team - the Cal Golden Bears. His passion for the Bears carries over into the NFL, where he actively follows and supports the careers of Cal players, regardless of team. Despite his love and allegance to the Pac-10 however, he will never in any situation bring himself to support USC. After writing several pieces on the Oakland Raiders and Fantasy Football for various football websites, Kyle has combined his passion for the game with his education in writing to contribute to the S.O.S. team. Through his in-depth football knowledge and unbiased perception of the Raiders, he hopes to bring readers insightful news and analysis that will ultimately broaden their perception of sports and Raiders Football.

:wacko:

Hmmm

so... is this you supporting Henry's "Fantasy Football God" title?

:D

Like I said in Muto's other forum... I don't and have never claimed to know everything, I just try to do my research before posting to keep from being exposed to the public criticism that Muto has had to face.

Edited by kpholmes

The Chargers are in such disarray that I'm sitting Rivers in two leagues this week for sure. I'm starting Peyton Manning and Matt Cassel instead.

This, of course, means that Rivers will have a monster game. :wacko:

Like I said in Muto's other forum... I don't and have never claimed to know everything, I just try to do my research before posting to keep from being exposed to the public criticism that Muto has had to face.

Mad props to your new writing gig. I've read your Raider blog. Good stuff.

Let us hope. If nothing else, we can't lose to the Raiders. Playoffs or not, this is a game of pride. And of course I have several Raider fan neighbors and I really don't feel like listening to them party until 2am tonight.

Don't sit him. Many things in his favor tonight.

1) Short week games tend to be high scoring due to lack of preparation

2) In prime-time he doesn't disappoint (big game against the Colts 2 weeks ago in prime-time)

3) Chargers should be playing free, relaxed, pressure-free football now that they don't have to worry about the playoffs

4) Will he post two bad games in a row? Probably not. He's due for a couple/3 TDs

5) Raiders offense is absolutely terrible=Chargers will have plenty of chances

6) Chargers have 4 pretty good big receivers (Chambers, Jackson, Floyd, Gates), and Raiders have one good cover man

7) Raiders can't stop the run which should open up Rivers' patented play-action deep balls

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

6) Chargers have 4 pretty good big receivers (Chambers, Jackson, Floyd, Gates), and Raiders have one good cover man

Since Rob Ryan has reverted back to his defense where Asomugha settles on a side:

Cutler - 16/37, 204, 1 INT

Marshall - 4 Receptions, 84 Yards

Royal - 2 Receptions, 14 Yards

Thigpen - 15/22, 162, 1 INT

Bowe - 2 Receptions, 27 yards

Gonzo - 8 Receptions, 110 yards.

Chris Johnson has really stepped up playing that other side.

There was a lot of confusion last week with Gonzo, and I wouldn't expect to see that again with Gates this week.

You are right about one thing though, tonight should be a great night for LT.

No. I found it interesting you were writing it and thought other here may be interested.

What do you think about Aaron Rodgers? I don't remember reading you write about him.

No. I found it interesting you were writing it and thought other here may be interested.

What do you think about Aaron Rodgers? I don't remember reading you write about him.

Well thank you, appreciate the support.

I haven't written much on Rodgers here. I've acknowledged a few times that I think he has talent and needs the opportunity... but I've also noted that Tedford QB's don't have the best reputation either.

He had a tremendous amount of talent surrounding him at Cal with JJ Arrington in the backfield and on the receiving end. I think as long as he has good weapons around him and the support of Green Bay, he'll be very successful.

If people like Jennings and Driver aren't helping him though... Kyle Boller?

PON and I have had many conversations about Rodgers over IM, I'd be glad to rap with you about him sometime.

Well thank you, appreciate the support.

I haven't written much on Rodgers here. I've acknowledged a few times that I think he has talent and needs the opportunity... but I've also noted that Tedford QB's don't have the best reputation either.

He had a tremendous amount of talent surrounding him at Cal with JJ Arrington in the backfield and on the receiving end. I think as long as he has good weapons around him and the support of Green Bay, he'll be very successful.

If people like Jennings and Driver aren't helping him though... Kyle Boller?

PON and I have had many conversations about Rodgers over IM, I'd be glad to rap with you about him sometime.

McCarthy said he had to send him to QB school for 2 years before he looked good enough to take over. Time will tell I guess. He has been accurate with a pretty strong arm. I agree on Tedford QB's.

Since Rob Ryan has reverted back to his defense where Asomugha settles on a side:

Cutler - 16/37, 204, 1 INT

Marshall - 4 Receptions, 84 Yards

Royal - 2 Receptions, 14 Yards

Thigpen - 15/22, 162, 1 INT

Bowe - 2 Receptions, 27 yards

Gonzo - 8 Receptions, 110 yards.

Chris Johnson has really stepped up playing that other side.

There was a lot of confusion last week with Gonzo, and I wouldn't expect to see that again with Gates this week.

You are right about one thing though, tonight should be a great night for LT.

Rivers 214/3. You were saying?

Don't sit him. Many things in his favor tonight.

1) Short week games tend to be high scoring due to lack of preparation

2) In prime-time he doesn't disappoint (big game against the Colts 2 weeks ago in prime-time)

3) Chargers should be playing free, relaxed, pressure-free football now that they don't have to worry about the playoffs

4) Will he post two bad games in a row? Probably not. He's due for a couple/3 TDs

5) Raiders offense is absolutely terrible=Chargers will have plenty of chances

7) Raiders can't stop the run which should open up Rivers' patented play-action deep balls

Good Call I did Start Rivers.....now if I had only asked you about V-Jackson damn.

One huge play, a couple screens for TDs....10/22 is not that great. Most of what Rivers did was because of how bad the Raiders offense is.

Which is exactly one of the reasons I gave for him having a big game.

LOL Booker T with the spin-a-rooni.

We are talking FF here. 200 yards and 3 TDs is 200 yards and 3 TDs no matter how you spin it. Folks who started Rivers are happy and couldn't care less. Fact is he is a top 5 QB. And you don't sit him in a prime-time matchup with a bad team to boot. No matter how much you dislike him. :wacko:

Which is exactly one of the reasons I gave for him having a big game.

LOL Booker T with the spin-a-rooni.

We are talking FF here. 200 yards and 3 TDs is 200 yards and 3 TDs no matter how you spin it. Folks who started Rivers are happy and couldn't care less. Fact is he is a top 5 QB. And you don't sit him in a prime-time matchup with a bad team to boot. No matter how much you dislike him. :wacko:

All I am saying is he didn't tear up the Raiders D. The other post was showing the poor performances by QBs and Rivers was nothing special tonight. Solid, but not great either.

All I am saying is he didn't tear up the Raiders D. The other post was showing the poor performances by QBs and Rivers was nothing special tonight. Solid, but not great either.

Not a historic night, but I'd take 200 yds and 3 TDs any day :wacko:

Rivers 214/3.

Not a historic night, but I'd take 200 yds and 3 TDs any day :D

Yup, not a monster game but good stats nonetheless.

If nothing else, we can't lose to the Raiders. Playoffs or not, this is a game of pride. And of course I have several Raider fan neighbors and I really don't feel like listening to them party until 2am tonight.

Taz, you need to move out of there and into a nice classy Chargers neighborhood!!! :wacko: