[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Comcrash rant, but...

rocknrobn26

So for the last week or more I have been having erratic service from Comcrash. Some days faster than lightening others slower than a 28 Baud modem. I finally called and here is an abbreviated conversation:

Dem: How Can I help you?

Me: My connection speed over the last week has been very slow at times.

Dem: Have you done a modem reset?

Me: Yes three times to no avail.

Dem: Avail? I don't understand! (Sorry but that made me :D !)

Me: It didn't WORK!!! *sigh*

Dem: OK

FWIW...I am currently offline! :D Comcast SUCKS!!!! This really happened whilst I was typing yesterday. :D

Back now…

Dem: Well you know there are a lot of factors that can slow down your connection.

Me: Name them?

Dem: Time of day. Prime time is very busy.

Me: What is prime time?

Dem: I’m not sure what you mean?

Me: What times are the slowest.

Dem: Well that can vary and I’m not sure what times are slow, but 2-5am it should be fast.

Me: Never mind. So what can I do?

Dem: Did you reboot your modem?

Me: We’ve discussed this already, didn’t we?

Dem: Ohhhh….yes we did. We’ve been getting a lot of calls about this. (Mind you she already wanted/tried to blame my computer several times) :D

I could go on, but I’ll spare yall. Bottom line is Comcrash has been flaky for over a week. I talked to neighbors, same problem. Talked w/ a few people 5-10 miles away…same problem. Talked to another friend about 30 miles away and he said he was so fed up that he canceled his Comcrash and is awaiting an AT&T install.

I am supposedly getting a $40 credit next month. :wacko: I’ve been screwed out of at least 2 of those in the past, even w/ a confirmation #.

So I am asking, if any of yall been having similar problems?

If so let me know, but more importantly get your credit!

Thanks for the rant.

Couple weeks back I was having problems with my connection. For no reason it would just drop out and I would have no connection at all. For hours.

Had a real good custsvc person who spent a good 45mins troubleshooting the problem. Resetting the modem from her end and all the rest of the stuff they can do from where they are at.

Bottom line came to not being able to figure out what the problem was and she set it up for someone to come out. From the time she set up the svc call ...until he called to let me know he was looking at my connection from where he was before coming out... the connection never dropped and hasn't since. LOL

She did say that there was heavy service activity with new lines being put down, etc. throughout areas close to me (50 miles) but that nothing was going on in my county. My thinking is that that activity was some of the problem.

Have never had a custsvc person from Comcast that wasn't helpful and didn't know what they were doing. Guess I have either always been lucky or being on the west coast I get a different service center than others do from further east....but I have to say.. I have never had the problems that others here seem to have.

I think that alot of the time, when they are putting down new lines and replacing equipment, they never say that they are and that is why there are downtimes that they won't explain to you.

I'm pretty sure that is has to do with their internal network and with what Sky mentioned. We went through a period a couple of years back when the same thing happened. They were upgrading equipment and adding new customers at the same time. They had everyone running through a bottleneck in their network (40,000 + connections on one router) and people were having a hard time gaining access to their DNS servers. All of this made for a service that seemed very schitzophrenic. I'm 100% certain they none of their phone techs were ever told what was happening. It would have been too confusing for them to remember it only for a couple of weeks. Once it was straightened out everything was fine. We've never had the problem since.