[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

F the Yankees

loaf

This is just STUPID. Baseball needs a salary cap. How incredibly exciting has football been since they instituted one??? Is it fair to Detroit fans that a man who has never stepped foot on a baseball field beats them before they even show up???

Can't believe I missed all this fun earlier.

My father is a life-long RedSox fan. With a cap or without a cap, when they are good or when they are bad, I was raised to believe in the concept of F the Yankees and darn it, even though I'm a Twins fan, I believe that.

F the Yankees.

As much as it pains me, I've got to admit, if the Mariner's had 26 rings, I'd probably be pretty pompous myself. The Yankees fans are spoiled little brats, but for the most part they admit it. I actually spent a lot of time with Yanks fans at the ballpark, and you know what, at least they really love their team.

It's really impossible to compare football's salary cap with any other league. The football players union is the weakest of all the leagues, and they went for this thing. Now, for no reason, they can simply be cut if they don't agree to a paycut. The contracts are guaranteed in the other sports, even discussing a football style cap in the other sports is pointless...(but, for argument sake)

Part of what people like about baseball is the hot stove league, the trades, the rumors, you want to make a cap, and eliminate all of that? You need teams like the Reds, for example, with their new ballpark, and the millions they get in revenue sharing and payroll tax (from teams like the Yankees) to spend it on their players, instead of pocketing the money and trading their players away.

Of course, we're also forgetting that baseball, without any salary cap, just finished the greatest postseason in sports history.

The argument about big money teams buying wins is always very interesting. The construction of a championship baseball team is based on the talent of the front office.

If I asked you which team had the most wins in the last 4 years in MLB, who do you think it would be? I bet you would never guess it's the Oakland A's, who operate with one of the lowest payrolls year after year.

There's a book out on why the A's have been so successful, it's called moneyball, great book.

All the complaining about buying Championships is stupid. I am a Yankee fan and have been one for several years. The Yankees have managed to buy 6 world championships in the last 42 years.

Yes they won a lot of them (20) before the Man--Steinbrenner came to the Yankees.

Get your facts straight.

In all, the NY Yankees have won a record 26 World Series Championships in the following years: 1923, '27, '28, '32, '36, '37, '38, '39, '41, '43, '47, '49, '50, '51, '52, '53, '56, '58, '61, '62, '77, '78, '96, '98, '99, 2000...