[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Rock'n Roll One-Hit-Wonder?

muck

Thin Lizzy: "Boys are back in town"

You have to be joking with Thin Lizzy...you've never heard the songs 'Jailbreak', 'Whiskey in the Jar', or the 'Cowboy Song'?

Jailbreak and the Cowboy Song were probably bigger hits than the Boys are back in Town...and since Metallica redid Whiskey in the Jar, it's gotten alot more airplay...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

How about 'I Still Believe' by Tim Capello from the 'Lost Boys' movie/soundtrack. Capello is the buff sax player singing it and I have to assume that millions of copies have gone out of this from the movie/soundtrack sales. Great song and it's on YouTube...

'I Still Believe'

You have to be joking with Thin Lizzy...you've never heard the songs 'Jailbreak', 'Whiskey in the Jar', or the 'Cowboy Song'?

Jailbreak and the Cowboy Song were probably bigger hits than the Boys are back in Town...and since Metallica redid Whiskey in the Jar, it's gotten alot more airplay...

actually, in the US, The Boys Are Back In Town reached #12, Whisky In The Jar didn't chart, neither did Jailbreak and Cowboy Song reached 77. So are we talking US hits or International?

Some from my list...

'Never say Never' - Romeovoid

'Keep on Smilin' - Wet Willie

'Mother' - Danzig

'Blue on Black' - Kenny Wayne Shepherd

'Space Lord' - Monster Magnet

'She Blinded Me with Science' - Thomas Dolby

A Girl In Trouble - Romeo Void reached #35 in the US

Again, going off songs that are now known by bands, Wet Willie did Street Corner Serenade which I have the 45 for.

actually, in the US, The Boys Are Back In Town reached #12, Whisky In The Jar didn't chart, neither did Jailbreak and Cowboy Song reached 77. So are we talking US hits or International?

their version of Time of the Season was not a charted song in the US

Sad reflections on the suckage of the Billboard charts.

And you lambasted me for songs that didn't chart?

what? I didn't call that song a hit by any stretch of the imagination...just that I had the 45

Oh, and it reached #30 in '78

Edited by loaf

Sad reflections on the suckage of the Billboard charts.

like I was trying to convey, I think through time and AOR stations, these songs got played but weren't released as singles. That's why we now hear them on the classic rock channels.