[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sick of LeBron already

Lula

As a lifelong Cleveland fan, I gotta say Amen to that! All I had to see was one game to know that this kid's for real. Looking beyond his stats(which were very impressive), he showed great court presence and leadership as well as incredible unselfishness for an 18 year old kid with the eyes of the entire sports world on him. Too bad you're already sick of him, because you've got another 15 years or so of seeing him everywhere.

LOL...Hopefully he can keep his nose clean (coke), lungs clear (pot), weight down (THG)...stay out of jail (battery, DUI, rape...)...have a long career (AIDS like Magic, ankle like GHILL)...it'd be a nice change that you have a guy who is smart enough to realize that he can make more money than Jordan...if he's smart...unlike most of these other bozo's like Iverson, Kobe...

No more tattoos...no more homies...bank the money and play hard...model himself after Tiger Woods...

It would also be nice to see Cleveland w/ a winner...LOVE the FLATS...

head_ban

I'm sick of the commercials already too - but man was he impressive last night! Running the break, the passing, switching to the left hand... How about when he jumped in to double-team Vlade, took a swinging elbow, and got the offensive foul called?

I was kind of rooting against him before, but after last night and seeing how much fun he can be to watch - I'm a fan. applause

KevinL:

Blame crappy shoes from spammers if you want.

He does have alot of pull, but I don't think the guy is scheduling his own TV spots yet.

Blame both. Anyone who takes 40 million or whatever knows they get their money by overusing commercials. They don't give the money away. Mostly kids pay for it by paying double what shoes are worth.

But why is LeBron to blame? That would be like blaming the dairy farmers and cheese makers for selling us Americans food products that make us fat.

I'm a captialist, I'll never blame someone for selling their goods (or services) at the price the market is willing to pay.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by KevinL:

He does have alot of pull, but I don't think the guy is scheduling his own TV spots yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blame both. Anyone who takes 40 million or whatever knows they get their money by overusing commercials. They don't give the money away. Mostly kids pay for it by paying double what shoes are worth.

First I will never blame anybody for taking 40 million dollars.

Second it costs PARENTS double for the shoes, not the kids.

Third, if Lebron continues to play the way he has, I know it's only a few games, but if he does, you're gonna see a lot more commercials. I just hope they are better than the lame one they are running Right now.

PAKFan:

KevinL:

Blame both. Anyone who takes 40 million or whatever knows they get their money by overusing commercials. They don't give the money away. Mostly kids pay for it by paying double what shoes are worth. No one is paying double what shoes are worth. Any product is worth what the consumer is willing to spend on it.

Big Country:

PAKFan:

KevinL:

No one is paying double what shoes are worth. Any product is worth what the consumer is willing to spend on it. That's nothing but crap. If youy believe that you are true brainwashed american. Remove 100 million in advertising revenue and shoes would all be far cheaper.

[/QB]Originally posted by Big Country:

No one is paying double what shoes are worth. Any product is worth what the consumer is willing to spend on it. [/QB]

Try a hundred times. crappy shoes from spammers is made oversees in sweatshops where people are paid the equivilant of $4-6 day for working 60-70 hours a week. I am not a reformist or activist. I am for JOBS in AMERICA!!!! Each shoe probably costs a couple dollars to make. Here is the proof

We are so far off topic this should probably be moved to the political / tailgate forum but ...

The 'cost' of a good includes many factors. Raw materials and labor are minimal. Distribution (including packaging, transportation, and retail markup) are quite significant.

Advertising and other administrative overhead costs are certainly a factor. Advertising and an ignorant or non-existent sales force (for most consumer goods) have replaced the formerly knowledgeable sales force. (Does the guy in stripes at footlocker really know anything about the shoe?) But the amount of sales markup remains the same.

Corporations have chosen to use mass advertising to inform and persuade the consumer, instead of training individual sales personnel. It is how business operates today. And it is probably the correct choice.

LeBron (and the rest of the commercial production team) have taken on the role of the sales person, educating the consumer about the crappy shoes from spammers brand, and the features of the products. This is their most effective way to market products.

chrishovanisanidiot:

Big Country:

PAKFan:

KevinL:

No one is paying double what shoes are worth. Any product is worth what the consumer is willing to spend on it. That's nothing but crap. If youy believe that you are true brainwashed american. Remove 100 million in advertising revenue and shoes would all be far cheaper. It is not crap. It is nothing but basic Econ 101. If the mass public believed the shoes were overpriced, they would not buy them, and then the prices would come down. As long as the public is willing to pay $100+ for a pair of shoes, they will continue to be priced at $100+.

Remove $100 million in advertising EXPENSE, and they would likely lose $1 BILLION in sales. Besides, the $100 million over 7 years they are paying Lebron has a minimal impact on the cost of the shoe. In addition to the cost of manufacturing the shoe, importing it, packaging it, there is crappy shoes from spammers's markup to it's retailers, and then most retailers will mark it up 60-70%.

crappy shoes from spammers and every other corporation in America or anywhere is trying to run a profitable business. As long as it is more profitable to produce a product out of the country and pay to import it (the cost includes shipping, tariffs, etc.), then more companies will continue to move production out of America. This leads to less jobs in America. This is not crappy shoes from spammers or any other American corporations fault, it is because people elsewhere are willing to work for less, enough to make it profitable to pay the extra costs to import goods.