[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flex Irony

i_am_the_swammi

I know the NFL likes the idea of getting the right match-ups on at the right time (via the flex schedule), but it seems they may have overthought it a tad here, and kind of put Tampa in a tought spot.

If they win, they are in if Philly also wins. However, since the Philly game starts at 4:15, Tampa's win at 1:00 may put Philly in position to let some of their injured players (Bradley(broken rib), Samuel (hamstring), Westbrook, (knee)) rest if they have nothing to play for. As much as Philly would want to beat Dallas, they won't put injured players at risk tunless there is some upside for them.

So if Tampa wins, they eliminate Philly, the one team they need to win. Wouldn't it have been better not to flex the Eagles game, let it go off as scheduled at 1:00 (same time as Tampa), just to ensure a motivated Eagles team plays the Cowboys at full strength with their playoff chances still in tact?

It seems they kind of hurt Tampa a tad, and certainly helped the Cowyboys.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I know the NFL likes the idea of getting the right match-ups on at the right time (via the flex schedule), but it seems they may have overthought it a tad here, and kind of put Tampa in a tought spot.

If they win, they are in if Philly also wins. However, since the Philly game starts at 4:15, Tampa's win at 1:00 may put Philly in position to let some of their injured players (Bradley(broken rib), Samuel (hamstring), Westbrook, (knee)) rest if they have nothing to play for. As much as Philly would want to beat Dallas, they won't put injured players at risk tunless there is some upside for them.

So if Tampa wins, they eliminate Philly, the one team they need to win. Wouldn't it have been better not to flex the Eagles game, let it go off as scheduled at 1:00 (same time as Tampa), just to ensure a motivated Eagles team plays the Cowboys at full strength with their playoff chances still in tact?

an NFL conspiracy... if Wade and Romo cant get it done the NFL will help them :wacko:

whoa, that's clear cut. it seems to be all about the cowboys, once again, and Tampa gets the shaft.

only reason to flex that game to that time slot is the playoff implications (read cowboys).

even worse than what the NFL did to the Patriots by flexing both the Ravens game and jets game to 4.

should have left all three games at 1....if the Dolphins get up big, I'd love to see Mangini punch his own ticket

out of a job and into further disrespect around the league.....

you don't seriously believe this....do you? :wacko:

Don't overestimate the 'feelings' or underestimate the ratings. 15 weeks ago, the Eagles - Cowboys game was targetted to be flexed - was just a matter of what time to flex it to. Does screw Tampa a bit (although the Eagles aren't resting anyone based on that - they definitely want to win the game regardless)

Hoping somehow Oakland can pull off a miracle...

the Eagles aren't resting anyone based on that - they definitely want to win the game regardless)

Oh, I agree the Eagles will play to win....if they aren't in, they one team they'd like home with them is the Cowboys.

I just think that, based on what teams need help, they could have come up with a better option than to let an Eagles team that potentially just found out their playoff dreams were over take the field in a game that impacts so many other teams. There was no compelling reason to move this game to 4:15, other than TV ratings.

The integrity of the league took a little hit there, I beleive. It sure would have been better for the Bucs and Eagles to let them play concurrently.