[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rourke and Rockwell to be the 2 main villains in Iron Man 2

Avernus

Got to the theater early and paid an extra $5 to watch Iron Man before hand, and keep the seats we had.

I'll start by saying... it was no Dark Knight - which is to be expected, as very few sequels (let alone super-hero sequels) can top the origin story.

That being said, it was significantly better than any Spider-Man or X-Men sequel imo.

Solid plot, awesome action scenes, and good humor. Not to mention foreshadowing of both Captain America, Thor and The Avenger development.

If you remotely liked the first one, it's a must see - If you're a comic :wacko: BE SURE TO STAY AFTER THE CREDITS

Will wait to talk more about it until more of you have seen it.

P.S.:

Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins are on board for Thor, while Hugo Weaving will play Redskull in Captain America (Both Summer 2011). And Joss Whendon (Buffy, Dollhouse) is directing and John Favreau is executive producing the Avengers flick, of which every major character from Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America has signed on for. Ed Norton has still not committed to reprise The Hulk, but has publicly stated he wants to. And they're getting The Firig to do the Hulks voice (rumored). That will come out two years from now, in May 2012. :tup::tup:

Edited by kpholmes

Got to the theater early and paid an extra $5 to watch Iron Man before hand, and keep the seats we had.

I'll start by saying... it was no Dark Knight - which is to be expected, as very few sequels (let alone super-hero sequels) can top the origin story.

That being said, it was significantly better than any Spider-Man or X-Men sequel imo.

Solid plot, awesome action scenes, and good humor. Not to mention foreshadowing of both Captain America, Thor and The Avenger development.

If you remotely liked the first one, it's a must see - If you're a comic :wacko: BE SURE TO STAY AFTER THE CREDITS

Will wait to talk more about it until more of you have seen it.

P.S.:

Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins are on board for Thor, while Hugo Weaving will play Redskull in Captain America (Both Summer 2011). And Joss Whendon (Buffy, Dollhouse) is directing and John Favreau is executive producing the Avengers flick, of which every major character from Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America has signed on for. Ed Norton has still not committed to reprise The Hulk, but has publicly stated he wants to. And they're getting The Firig to do the Hulks voice (rumored). That will come out two years from now, in May 2012. :tup: :tup:

actually, a lot of people liked iron Man more than The Dark Knight....which I disagree with - but who am I to argue someones opinion?...that's just silly...

the question is " is it better than the first Iron Man?"...or as good?

actually, a lot of people liked iron Man more than The Dark Knight....which I disagree with - but who am I to argue someones opinion?...that's just silly...

the question is " is it better than the first Iron Man?"...or as good?

Iron Man 2 was not as good as the first movie IMO, but I felt as if the ending was more satisfying in IM2. Overall, I was still nicely entertained, but my expectations may have been too high thanks to the greatness of a large majority of the first film. I thought one of the dumbest scenes in IM2 was

when Iraon Man and War Machine duke it out in Tony Stark's house-- it just didn't work for me and felt incredibly out of place.

Iron Man 2 was not as good as the first movie IMO, but I felt as if the ending was more satisfying in IM2. Overall, I was still nicely entertained, but my expectations may have been too high thanks to the greatness of a large majority of the first film. I thought one of the dumbest scenes in IM2 was

when Iraon Man and War Machine duke it out in Tony Stark's house-- it just didn't work for me and felt incredibly out of place.

agree. nowhere near as good as the first for me and i would argue that without the first movie, this one would have been much worse ... reason being that you have the first movie in your head, waiting for scenes that were as cool as that movie, but only getting oh-so-close moments. scarlett was my favorite thing in the flick ... which i never thought would be the case.

two stars. good action flick on it's own, but disappointing when put up against the first movie ... but it will still make a billion.

I just saw the movie and liked it. I don't care if some of the characters are a bit different than you might think. I'm thinking about Rourke and Scarlet. I go to movies to be entertained and this is entertaining. I didn't stay for the credits but I would've if I'd had seen KP's post. :wacko:

I just saw the movie and liked it. I don't care if some of the characters are a bit different than you might think. I'm thinking about Rourke and Scarlet. I go to movies to be entertained and this is entertaining. I didn't stay for the credits but I would've if I'd had seen KP's post. :tup:

:wacko:

Good movie . . . looking forward to the other lead in movies like Thor and Captain America before the Avenger initative movie.

I collected comics as a kid, and never was into Iron Man and the Avengers much. I collected a LOT of the "X" titles and found all those movies very disappointing, except Wolverine which was decent.

I just saw the movie and liked it. I don't care if some of the characters are a bit different than you might think. I'm thinking about Rourke and Scarlet. I go to movies to be entertained and this is entertaining. I didn't stay for the credits but I would've if I'd had seen KP's post. :wacko:

all of these comic movies have an after the credits scene....expect it to be the norm..

edit: the ones involved with the Avengers..

hopefully Hugh Jackman can make a cameo for the Avengers flick...

Edited by Avernus

hopefully Hugh Jackman can make a cameo for the Avengers flick...

Won't happen.

Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Avengers is Paramount.

Fantastic Four and X-Men, while in the Marvel family, and members of the Avengers, are through Fox Century. This is why Chris Evans is able to play both Johnny Storm and Captain America - because there is no way the companies will ever allow their characters to overlap.