[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dan Reeves to lead 49'r offense?

tazinib1

I think Dan Reeves and Singletary are a good fit. If this pans out, I'm bumping Gore up in my RB rankings.

Edit: Sorry there should be a question mark in my thread title. Reeves is not confirmed. This is just rumor.

Edited by tazinib1

I thought he was basically retired from the game of pro football, wasn't he?

Taking a sabbatical after getting fired isn't the same as staying retired.

IIRC, he wasn't throwing his name in the hat for EVERY job, but he'd put out/receive feelers every now and again.

Not the worst move - Reeves has a pretty good track record of making bad teams respectable. IMO, he should be in the HoF for his record as a head coach.

I've heard Reeves talk about Vick after the dog debacle, and he didn't have the nicest things to say. It sounded like Reeves was ashamed of the dynamic qb he brought into the league.

I'd bet anything that Reeves wouldn't go for it.

And Singletary? I just died in that LOLocaust. No way Singletary coaches a clown like Vick. Or would he? Singletary might actually believe he coudl whip him into shape.

The 9ers might take a flyer on Vick - whatever his flaws, he was a FANTASTIC athletic specimen, and he'd fit well in the single-wing "wildcat" formations that came into vogue last season (actually, under Mora, the Falcons were running similar plays with Vick at QB).

But unless he came back humbled from his stint in the joint, I doubt he'd last long under Singletary.

49ers hired former Jets RBs coach Jimmy Raye as their new offensive coordinator, according to NFL.com's Adam Schefter.

The Niners picked Raye over Hue Jackson, who appeared the favorite as recently as Wednesday night. Raye has been an NFL coach for 29 seasons and offers 11 years of coordinator experience. He was last OC of the Raiders, whose offenses ranked 17th (2004) and 21st (2005). It's difficult to say exactly what type of attack Raye will run, but we fully expect it to be run heavy.

Source: NFL.com

:wacko:

bleh...I was holding out that Gore might have more value this season. That remains to be seen now.