[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Screwed Up

Cowboyz1

It continues to amaze me the way most of America hangs onto this guys sack as if he's this big American hero? :wacko: The guy is very charismatic and a gifted speaker but has done NOTHING else other than to make a couple cabinet mistakes and a couple questionable decisions during the first 45 days. Let's support this guy and pray for his success but come on .... the love for this guy because he is 50% African American and a bit charming is getting nauseating.

Sorry BW you're wrong. I was only stating my opinion and was not trying to initiate a reaction from anyone. The reaction from some is typical though and should have been expected. It's funny the way some will jump on and play the race card without really thinking through what is being said. Instead of throwing out accusations of prejudice perhaps some could explain that the primary appeal about our president has nothing to do with his ethnicity, charismatic personality or his incredible public speaking skills.

You are seriously conflicted, else a victim of multiple personality disorder. These two posts are in direct opposition.

You play the race card, and imply that there is racial bias in favor of the President.

Then you chide others for playing the race card and seeing racial bias in your post? :D

Edited by cre8tiff

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that doesn't see his race at all? :wacko:

I've already got used to seeing this guy who is the president. Bush's race was never something I considered, nor is Obama's. C'mon, there must be a heck of a lot of other Huddlers the same.

I personally don't judge him by his race either. I was only making a statement that part of his appeal, to part of the population, is his race. And I understand that appeal given the fact of the racism that African America's have faced through history. I get it.

I just think that the outpouring of worship for this guy is a little over the top at times. Let's support him and pray for him and his family but let's also let him earn his way, and our praise, by his actions as our president.

I just think that the outpouring of worship for this guy is a little over the top at times. Let's support him and pray for him and his family but let's also let him earn his way, and our praise, by his actions as our president.

For me, the enthusiasm has nothing to do with race but then I'm a WASP anyway. My enthusiasm has everything to do with feeling like I'm emerging from an eight year night.

Can anyone on the left side of the aisle just say "Let's praise his achievements and criticize his faults, and not make excuses for the guy just because we were the ones who put him in office"? I think this is message that the other side wanted to hear from the "right" all those years. All that seems to have happened is a flipflop, and now the accuser becomes the accused. How about stepping up and showing that there isn't a blind bias coming from the left also. What we need is to have both sides start calling things what they are.... otherwise all politicians have won, because they have distracted us from looking closely at what they are doing. Oh, and dwelling on the past and referencing it to show that your guy handles his screw ups in a better way isn't the greatest assessment of a job well done.

Show us that motto "Change!".

I've already got used to seeing this guy who is the president. Bush's race was never something I considered, nor is Obama's. C'mon, there must be a heck of a lot of other Huddlers the same.

I think it is important that we elected a black president. However, his race is irrelevant to job performance. I hope he does well, both for the sake of our country and to shut bigots right the hell up.

That said, I do hope Obama is thwarted in some of his agenda the way Bill Clinton was.

Can anyone on the left side of the aisle just say "Let's praise his achievements and criticize his faults, and not make excuses for the guy just because we were the ones who put him in office"? I think this is message that the other side wanted to hear from the "right" all those years. All that seems to have happened is a flipflop, and now the accuser becomes the accused. How about stepping up and showing that there isn't a blind bias coming from the left also. What we need is to have both sides start calling things what they are.... otherwise all politicians have won, because they have distracted us from looking closely at what they are doing. Oh, and dwelling on the past and referencing it to show that your guy handles his screw ups in a better way isn't the greatest assessment of a job well done.

Well said.

You do realize the thread originally consisted of maybe 3-4 mundane comments on how it was simply refreshing to see an admission of error (especially with what has occurred over the last 8 years) and then degenerated to a tardy overblown reaction on "excuse making" and "race baiting?"

Edited by bushwacked

I think it is a little early to either damn or praise the President. The fact the jackals jumped on Daschle like a MeatyBone is what has caused me personally to land on the side of defense. There are things being bandied about by Obama and the Dems both I disagree with. However, I want to give them time to actually DO something prior to assessing thier performance. Poor vetting and a software error is not enough to proclaim Obama as a failed President. :wacko:

I basically said this back on the fifth and was called (paraphrasing) an insensitive boob for not seeing this as such an historic occasion.