[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Golfers

HowboutthemCowboys

Driver-- crappy shoes from spammers SQ 5000 9.5 degree- Aldila Shaft. Stiff. ( bought it a few weeks ago, have'nt hit balls with it yet except in the store)

5 wood- Maxfli A10. 20 degree.

Hydrids- Adams Idea a2. #3 20 degree, #4 23 degree.

4iron-PW Adams Idea a2

SW -- Taylor Made 56 degree ( I've had it for about 15 years) :tup:

LW -- Wilson 64 degree

GW -- Titleist Vokey 52 degree

Putter -- Affinity Loop mallet ( the worst part of my game by far) :tup:

Really looking forward to a break in the weather, have'nt played in about 5 months.

dropped the TM 56. Picked up an Adams Speedline 3 wood yesterday. Hit the range on the way home and I like it, but I don't seem to hit it any farther than my 5 wood ( carry about 200). :wacko:

The good news is I'm teeing off at 3:30 this afternoon. :lol:

Any of you guys add anything that you really liked or don't like?

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got a new driver - Mizuno MX-700 (9.5) with stiff flex shaft (59g) and mid kick point. i was looking for more distance (previous driver was 7 years old) and higher ball flight since i have a relatively flat swing and most of my drives we/are low, boring, with roll. this definately has given me a higher ball flight, but without the ballooning effect. while the face is neutral at address, the shaft is about .5" longer and i'm hitting a fade instead of the draw i hit previously. this will take some time to figure out, and i'm happy with the purchase (especially at 50% off!).

also picked up a TaylorMade 2 Rescue used (16 degree). not sure about this one yet. the face is really closed at address and the weighting in it currently seems like a draw bias. everything is left, and going left at this point. when i get one in the screws it really goes, but mis-hits are pretty brutal (and have scared a few gophers). this is probably a better club than i am a player, but i'll work on it for the rest of the summer and see if i can keep it in the bag.

ping o-size irons (5-sw). cleveland driver, 3 wood & 5 wood. adams 5 wood. 4 iron/wood hybrid (can't think of the brand off the top of my head). callaway 2-ball putter. i use callaway high spin balls. damn i look good out there hacking my way around the courses. :wacko:

Edited by buddahj

Just noticed my first post....a few other changes in the bag since the first post.

Irons - MP-62s

Dropped the 60, added a 52

Added a TaylorMade FCT 2 hybrid. Originally, it was purchased to address a tee shot need on one Par 3 on my home course. It has quickly become my favorite club in the bag. You can just hit it from anywhere.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

dropped the TM 56. Picked up an Adams Speedline 3 wood yesterday. Hit the range on the way home and I like it, but I don't seem to hit it any farther than my 5 wood ( carry about 200). :wacko:

The good news is I'm teeing off at 3:30 this afternoon. :tup:

Still wanting a TM Black Series #9 putter - still too expensive for my taste.

Just recently started playing the Taylormade Penta ball after years of playing the ProV1. It's just a better ball - more distance and easier to control the spin.

I haven't played it yet - I currently play the TP Red and love it.

Just noticed my first post....a few other changes in the bag since the first post.

Irons - MP-62s

Added a TaylorMade FCT 2 hybrid. Originally, it was purchased to address a tee shot need on one Par 3 on my home course. It has quickly become my favorite club in the bag. You can just hit it from anywhere.

Not sure about the FCT, but never hesitate to pimp TM hybrids. I've got a couple in my bag and they are the last clubs I'de give up.

i won a dozen of the TP Red recently. typically, i play Titleist NXT - how do these compare?

I think the Red has more feel and flies truer than the NXT. That may merely be my perception, but like any equipment choice - confidence is a hugh factor. I love the feel of the Red off of each of my clubs.

Driver - Taylor Made R7

Irons - King Cobra FP

Wedge - Cleveland CG10

Picked up a King Cobra S2 3 wood stiff steel this year. I hit it well in the simulator but I've struggled with it on the course. That said, I've given it maybe 15 shots on the range so it's probably me moreso than the club.

New club that I'm really pumped about is my new Odyssey White Ice putter. If you're the kind of guy who likes a heavier putter but don't like the sway and wobble that you get with some mallets, this is the putter for you.

The good news is I'm teeing off at 3:30 this afternoon. :tup:

shot 45-40 today. Never pulled the 3 wood. Only had 3 chances to and I opted for the 5 instead b/c I had a decent round ( for me ) going and did'nt want to hit a bad shot. I need to practice more with it to build some confidence.

Just recently started playing the Taylormade Penta ball after years of playing the ProV1. It's just a better ball - more distance and easier to control the spin.

I am playing the Penta's as well...picked some up when I got the Taylormade Superfast this year.

I have that driver, a Hogan 2 hybrid, Hogan GCD irons, Hogan Beryllium 52 and 60.

Old Ping putter

Two new clubs I got are:

Taylor Made R9 driver (haven't changed it from neutral setting though)

Odyssey White Hot XG F7 2 ball putter.

I'm still figuring out the driver, but I love the putter so far. The 2 ball aiming is money.

• 7 months later...

Irons - MP-62s

Update:

Driver: R11 TP

3 Wood: R11 pre-ordered

Still the same Hybrid

Irons: MP 63, 3-PW

Still the same vokeys and putter.

I haven't picked up my clubs in 8 months. Went from playing 3 times a week for years...to getting married and playing once a week...to having kids and never playing. Surprisingly I don't even miss it.

I only seem to be able to play in scrambles anymore. I can't remember the last time I played 18 holes.

Just hit the Cleveland CG-16's yesterday. Suh-weet! Gonna get fitted and replace my old TA7's. Still swinging my R7 driver, Cobra Hyper-Steel 3 wood, Cleveland wedges and Two-Ball (DX?) putter. Done with the ProV1's. Still like the ball, but I need a more durable cover. Currently hitting the Bridgestone B330 RX.

Update:

Driver: R11 TP

3 Wood: R11 pre-ordered

Still the same Hybrid

Irons: MP 63, 3-PW

Still the same vokeys and putter.

I am seriously considering buying the R11 driver and 3 wood. What do I need to know? My friend has the R9, but never needed to adjust the screws ... do they come set differently? or are they all set the same in the beginning? Please advise ...

Just hit the Cleveland CG-16's yesterday. Suh-weet! Gonna get fitted and replace my old TA7's. Still swinging my R7 driver, Cobra Hyper-Steel 3 wood, Cleveland wedges and Two-Ball (DX?) putter. Done with the ProV1's. Still like the ball, but I need a more durable cover. Currently hitting the Bridgestone B330 RX.

crappy shoes from spammers (Nike) Tour D golf ball. I tried the Bridgestones the last 2 weeks, my swing speed is a little fast and the crappy shoes from spammers responds a little better.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I am seriously considering buying the R11 driver and 3 wood. What do I need to know? My friend has the R9, but never needed to adjust the screws ... do they come set differently? or are they all set the same in the beginning? Please advise ...

Yes, they come set to Neutral. Always try it at neutral first, then make adjustments from there. Unless you swing like a big gorilla, stick with their stock shaft. I'm probably in the minority, but I cannot stand the white head. If I end up getting one, I'm going to have it painted.

I was picked up by Adams staff last year, so I'll update my bag here. Never been happier with my equipment in my life. Besides being free, Adams has made giant strides in building clubs for better players. They always made ultra-forgiving stuff for higher handicappers, but now their players clubs have finally caught up, especiallly in regards to the driver. WOW is all I can say about the Speedline F11.

Speedline F11 Driver

Cleveland Launcher Comp 3-wood

Adams Idea Pro Black 2 hybrid

TItleist DCI 2-iron

Adams CB2 3-PW

Cleveland CG 15 52, 56, 62

Scotty Cameron Teryllium

I usually drop a couple long irons, depending on the course that I'm playing, or sometimes my 9-iron if I'm playing a bear.

Been stuck on the Bridgestone B330s for about three years now. It is the first time I have LOVED a ball since the old Hogan Apex days.

Edited by Seahawks21

picked up a SumoSQ hybrid (23 degree loft) and it has replaced my 4 iron. really square head, and easy to hit of the fairway or rough.

started playing Bridgestone E6 balls this year. good feel around the greens and ball flight is a little lower than what i played previously. at $25 a dozen, it's an easy switch.

Edited by Lucky11

• 6 months later...

Looking at a full upgrade of the Gap Wedge, and Sand Wedges - thinking Cleveland is the way to go.

Usually, I would have the dulldrums in the middle of the summer, but now they are coming towards the end of the season as I haven't played as much. Friday and Saturday golf is as bad as it gets for me, and I might as well stop and replenish the bag at this point.

Who is working with the Cleveland wedges and is there any advice you can provide as to the difference between their models?

Looking at a full upgrade of the Gap Wedge, and Sand Wedges - thinking Cleveland is the way to go.

Usually, I would have the dulldrums in the middle of the summer, but now they are coming towards the end of the season as I haven't played as much. Friday and Saturday golf is as bad as it gets for me, and I might as well stop and replenish the bag at this point.

Who is working with the Cleveland wedges and is there any advice you can provide as to the difference between their models?

The CG16 and the CC CG15 will have the newer grooves, which will spin less. Unless you're playing USGA sanctioned events before 2014, try to find some CG15's with the older grooves (not the CC version). I thought the CG14 was pretty ugly, and even though I couldn't see the insert at address, that yellow insert on the back just drove me crazy and I never liked that club. You're not likely to find huge performance differences between the head styles, just a few cosmetic changes. Loving my CG15's.