[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You know the economy is bad when folks aren't going to see Mickey...

irish

Along with attendance dropping at other Parks as well which forces possible job cuts.

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/jobs/_a...rks-cuts/350000

Edited by irish

We're going late June and I'm hoping its really slow then, but I have my doubts.

That's the same time I'm going down to Disney. Every year I go down with my family for 2 weeks and we always leave the last Saturday in June and stay for close to the 1st 2 weeks in July. When do you leave exactly and where are you staying? If you'd rather, PM me.

It's been better in recent years in regard to crowds, however, it's still a mob scene. Going to the Magic Kingdom will get you anywhere between a 20-90 minute wait, especially for the best attractions. But I've basically walked onto some of the less appealing ones.

I'm getting flooded with deals in Vegas as well. Not a day goes by that someone isn't offering up a sweet deal.

They sent me this one the other day:

Level 2, 2-Day Corvette Program - $2,495

To learn more about Level 2, Click here

Your exclusive package includes:

FREE Deluxe Room Accommodations at the Hilton for 3 Nights

2 FREE Buffets (Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner)

2 Day Racing School

Sooooo tempted.

we are going in april. mickeys casa aint cheap.

No kidding!! On top of that my son would love to swim with a dolphin and going to SeaWorld doesn't present a great opportunity of that happening. So, I've been seeing this commerical on TV for Discovery Cove. From what I've heard they limit their guests per day and you get your own Dolphin to swim with, along with a host of other very personalized activities. I might do it, however, it's close to $300 a head for the day. I can't imagine spending $1,200 just to take my wife and 2 kids there for 1 day. :wacko:

That's the same time I'm going down to Disney. Every year I go down with my family for 2 weeks and we always leave the last Saturday in June and stay for close to the 1st 2 weeks in July. When do you leave exactly and where are you staying? If you'd rather, PM me.

It's been better in recent years in regard to crowds, however, it's still a mob scene. Going to the Magic Kingdom will get you anywhere between a 20-90 minute wait, especially for the best attractions. But I've basically walked onto some of the less appealing ones.

June 20th - 25th, Coronado Springs. We should meet up and have a drink or something.

No kidding!! On top of that my son would love to swim with a dolphin and going to SeaWorld doesn't present a great opportunity of that happening. So, I've been seeing this commerical on TV for Discovery Cove. From what I've heard they limit their guests per day and you get your own Dolphin to swim with, along with a host of other very personalized activities. I might do it, however, it's close to $300 a head for the day. I can't imagine spending $1,200 just to take my wife and 2 kids there for 1 day. :wacko:

Yeah, my wife wants to go there desperately, but I just can't see dropping that kind of coin on that place.

I'll be in Orlando with the wife and kids Mar 28 - Apr 3. I genuinely did not want to go, but we take a vacation only every few years and my wife had promised my youngest we'd go on spring break when he was 5 like we did with my now 7yr old.

I do hope it's much less busy than it was few years ago. Maybe there will be some deals to be had as well.

Edited by Cunning Runt

we got the buy 4nites, get 3 free dealo

June 20th - 25th, Coronado Springs. We should meet up and have a drink or something.

Yeah, my wife wants to go there desperately, but I just can't see dropping that kind of coin on that place.

I'd love to meet up down there however, looking at your dates we'll miss each other by about 2 days. I'm not leaving until the Sat after the 25th on the 27th. I stayed at Coronado Springs many times and really liked it alot. My kids loved the main pool with the slide and the Pyramid with the waterfall. I also stayed at the Carribean Beach Resort in almost each of their places- Barbados, Trinadad North and South, and Martinique. I wish you were going a week later as it would've been perfect.

As for Discovery Cove, I'll have to see what happens, what kind of deal they offer and maybe I'll just go with my son as my daughter is still only 4 and probably wouldn't enjoy it as much.

we got the buy 4nites, get 3 free dealo

Buy 4 nites for any Disney Park and get 3 free (including Discovery Cove in that)? Or does Discovery Cove also serve as a hotel?

i think its every disney hotel

I see, so you meant it as for your hotel stay not Park passes (like Hopper passes). Yeah, there's probably deals all over now.

FYI the slowest weeks of the year at Disney World are the week before Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas. My family went the week before Thanksgiving, and between fast passes and just small lines, we didn't have to wait more than a total of 2 hours in lines over 4 days in the parks.