[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

$28,000 to watch the bears vs. the lions

Azazello1313

:D

I was in Miami on Nov. 2 getting ready to go on a Caribbean cruise. I wanted to catch the Bears game before we left port. I have this wonderful Slingbox connected to my cable box, that feeds into my modem. It sends my cable signal through the Internet to my computer. I can then watch my cable package and DVR wherever I go. I just slide in my AT&T wireless card and click on Slingbox and up comes my cable TV.

So there I was at the Port of Miami. It was 1 p.m. Florida time. The Bears game was starting. The ship was not leaving Miami until 4 p.m., so I slid in my wireless card and brought up my Slingbox and watched the game on my computer.

I watched for about 2½ hours. Then I shut down my computer and cell phone, because it's expensive to use your Internet or phone when you sail out of the country.

Anyway, I got home from our cruise, and about two weeks later I got my cell phone/wireless card bill, which is usually about $220, and it said I owe $28,067.31.

I called AT&T and told them there was either a mistake or fraud and to please take this off the bill. That's where the fun starts. They told me that the bill was correct and somehow I was charged international rates for Internet use, and the cost is 2 cents per kb. That came out to $27,788.93.

:wacko:

Wow. I'd be pissed. Hopefully the guy gets out of it though. I've always been kind of annoyed with any system where your price can triple without them telling you. Like a cell phone call made in the wrong area and they just say, OK we'll patch you through....at 18 times your normal rate. Only we won't tell you. We'll just bill you later.

Wow. I'd be pissed. Hopefully the guy gets out of it though. I've always been kind of annoyed with any system where your price can triple without them telling you. Like a cell phone call made in the wrong area and they just say, OK we'll patch you through....at 18 times your normal rate. Only we won't tell you. We'll just bill you later.

he got the local paper's problem solver to get it lowered