[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Group Mock Draft...

irish

8 Teams are still open-

Jacksonville Jaguars -

New Orleans Saints -

New York Jets -

Tampa Bay Buccaneers -

Miami Dolphins -

Baltimore Ravens -

Tennessee Titans -

Carolina Panthers -

Edited by irish

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Jags fans are here besides H8tank?

I don't know of any others and I already PM'd him. Although, I'm not holding my breath.

Unlike you, I do not have the time to participate in a mock draft. And if I did, I certainly would not participate in one that has you attached to it.

I don't believe for one minute that you aren't "using" this message board community to advance your own stature and gather data. Why don't you run the mock draft on your own message boards?

"I don't know all I'd need to know in order to act like an expert about the NFL Draft and all the rookies coming in".

OF COURSE you don't. That's why you'll use this data to act like one in a few months.

You are a dope of the furthest degree and why people want to help you with your charade is beyond me.

I've been here a while but am not of any consequence in The Huddle world, so I was hoping to become more active this year. Don't know the story about this rogue website, don't care, I am out for my own entertainment and getting to know some people here a little bit better.

Unlike you, I do not have the time to participate in a mock draft. And if I did, I certainly would not participate in one that has you attached to it.

I don't believe for one minute that you aren't "using" this message board community to advance your own stature and gather data. Why don't you run the mock draft on your own message boards?

"I don't know all I'd need to know in order to act like an expert about the NFL Draft and all the rookies coming in".

OF COURSE you don't. That's why you'll use this data to act like one in a few months.

You are a dope of the furthest degree and why people want to help you with your charade is beyond me.

Thank you for your input and you are certainly entitled to feel the way you do.

-I had and still have no intention on using the information gathered in this mock draft for my site material. I do all my own research and put together all my own material at my site.

-I cannot run this mock draft at my site as I do not have enough users to participate.

-I'm sure the people involved in this mock draft are doing it for the same reasons I am, to talk football and have some fun playing GM for their Homer team.

Gil, I'd like to keep this thread about fun, talking football and people claiming the remaining teams. So if you have any other concerns please feel free to PM me with them so that we can keep from hyjacking this thread. TIA :wacko:

Edited by irish

I've been here a while but am not of any consequence in The Huddle world, so I was hoping to become more active this year. Don't know the story about this rogue website, don't care, I am out for my own entertainment and getting to know some people here a little bit better.

And that's the prupose of this mock draft. As you have, pretend the mentioning of the rogue website never happened.

Edited by irish

There are many very good people here. This is a unique site.

I'm going to let this run for a bit longer waiting to see if others claim a remaining team. However, then I will either ask for those already involved and who feel comfortable enough, to claim another team. All else fails and I would make picks for the remaining teams.

Don't you need Carolina in the 2nd round too?

Now I think I see what you were talking about. I had Carolina in the 2nd round but didn't include them as a team still needing to be claimed this whole time.

8 Teams are still open-

Jacksonville Jaguars -

New Orleans Saints -

New York Jets -

Tampa Bay Buccaneers -

Miami Dolphins -

Baltimore Ravens -

Tennessee Titans -

Carolina Panthers -

Don't we do this kind of thing every year? If it is going to happen anyways, why would it matter whether or not Irish started the mock? Why don't we just halt this thread altogether and then you can start another one, Gil. Would that make you feel better about this?

I think most of us are pretty bored with football in general this time of year, and have started thinking about the draft. This seems like fun. I don't know that it is necessary to attack anyone for starting a homer mock, especially since someone else would have simply started the same thing in the next week or two. I understand your desire to protect the information shared here, but this just seems like one of those situations where it is probably best to just pick a different battle, lighten up, and have a little fun while we learn a bit about the upcoming draft.

Don't we do this kind of thing every year? If it is going to happen anyways, why would it matter whether or not Irish started the mock? Why don't we just halt this thread altogether and then you can start another one, Gil. Would that make you feel better about this?

I think most of us are pretty bored with football in general this time of year, and have started thinking about the draft. This seems like fun. I don't know that it is necessary to attack anyone for starting a homer mock, especially since someone else would have simply started the same thing in the next week or two. I understand your desire to protect the information shared here, but this just seems like one of those situations where it is probably best to just pick a different battle, lighten up, and have a little fun while we learn a bit about the upcoming draft.

We did one last year. The link is in the first page in the thread. Irish asked many of the same people to do this one.

Irish asked me to do because I edited the picks but I didn't want to do it again. It's a lot of work. You need a separate pick and comment thread to make it go smoothly.

I've been traveling quite a bit lately so I'm a little out of the loop on this one. It appears that my three favorite teams (Vikings, Seahawks and Eagles) have already been spoken for so I'll jump in and help you guys out wherever you need me. Let me know ............

I've been traveling quite a bit lately so I'm a little out of the loop on this one. It appears that my three favorite teams (Vikings, Seahawks and Eagles) have already been spoken for so I'll jump in and help you guys out wherever you need me. Let me know ............

You can either jump in on one of those teams that are your favorites or help fill this thing out by grabbing one of the unclaimed teams if you feel you're knowledgeable enough to draft for them.

How many Jags fans are here besides H8tank?

TheProfessor did it last year.

I don't know of any others and I already PM'd him. Although, I'm not holding my breath.

Please hold your breath on this, pretty please :praying:

Geez. It's just a mock draft. Some things are just taken too seriously.

It's all good Randall, Mr. T just loves to ride me with his t_boner. :wacko: T_boner, what team do you want? I believe you're a Cowboys' fan but you could also scoop up an unclaimed one as well.

By the way, how sad that you wish for me to stop breathing, T_boner. Most on this board feel it's pretty heartless to wish injury or even worse, death on someone.

Edited by irish

Maybe theprofessor will pick up the Jags again this year? He offered to grab a team.

Just checking for any last participants.

Remaining 8 Teams that are still open-

Jacksonville Jaguars -

New Orleans Saints -

New York Jets -

Tampa Bay Buccaneers -

Miami Dolphins -

Baltimore Ravens -

Tennessee Titans -

Carolina Panthers -

You can either jump in on one of those teams that are your favorites or help fill this thing out by grabbing one of the unclaimed teams if you feel you're knowledgeable enough to draft for them.

Knowledgable enough? :D Dude, I'm the Professor! :D I'll take the Jags again if that helps get this thing rollin. Who's got the Hawks? I'll trade them the Jags, a 3rd and a conditional 7th round pick for the rights to draft for my hometown Seahawks :wacko:

Knowledgable enough? :D Dude, I'm the Professor! :D I'll take the Jags again if that helps get this thing rollin. Who's got the Hawks? I'll trade them the Jags, a 3rd and a conditional 7th round pick for the rights to draft for my hometown Seahawks :wacko:

Throw in Reggie Williams and I believe you'll have a deal. :D

professor if you want the Hawks, I'll take the Jags, no problem. I'm actually looking forward to the thoughts of other Hawk followers as far as what to do with the pick. Really, I'll take any team left.

Easy with the Reggie jokes. Sore subject.

I'd love another team if that'll help get this thing moving. Of the remaining teams, I am probably most familiar with the Fins or Jets.

I'll give you the Fins as well and will make the switch between you and the Prof. So you'll have the Fins and Jags.

:D You got your wish with the Seahawks, thanks to Seahawks21.

Edited by irish

Remaining 6 Teams that are still open-

New Orleans Saints -

New York Jets -

Tampa Bay Buccaneers -

Baltimore Ravens -

Tennessee Titans -

Carolina Panthers -

I will also grab an extra team if needed as I'm part of the crew that's selecting for the Cowboys.