[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

craiglist sued for hooks

dmarc117

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/c...0,4199314.story

in these times, how much money and resources was/is spent on this?

legalize prostitution and pot please!!

tax revenue from both would be massive.

ooooh, what a scary sllippery slope you are trying to open here...

Are we sure that people would be honest and start reporting all the BJ's and dime bags?

that wouldnt happen. pot would be sold in stores behind the counter like alcohol and cigs. bj's done in brothels that are regulated and tested.

that wouldnt happen. pot would be sold in stores behind the counter like alcohol and cigs. bj's done in brothels that are regulated and tested.

If Josh Gordon becomes legalized and taxable, how much longer is it before the fans of opiates and cocaine find ways that their drug becomes helpful to some people? Then, before we know it, we've got rallies to legalize cocaine and harder drugs. We do not want to open that can of worms.

I've been to Amsterdam, had a great time, but I wouldn't want to be forced to live there. Come on guys. Pot is great, pot is fun, but a country full of druggies and whores is not an acceptable answer.

If Josh Gordon becomes legalized and taxable, how much longer is it before the fans of opiates and cocaine find ways that their drug becomes helpful to some people? Then, before we know it, we've got rallies to legalize cocaine and harder drugs. We do not want to open that can of worms.

I've been to Amsterdam, had a great time, but I wouldn't want to be forced to live there. Come on guys. Pot is great, pot is fun, but a country full of druggies and whores is not an acceptable answer.

So, just because it's legal all women will now become whores, all men will frequent them, and everyone will be constantly blasted? You do realize that most drugs have only become illegal in the last 90 years or so, right?

is pot any worse than alcohol? is everyone an alcoholic? does every visitor to vegas go to a brothel? no!!!!!

if legal, i would not go see a hooker. and i would maybe smoke pot as much as i drink, which is not much. the money and resources spent on fighting these is absurd.

Edited by dmarc117

Both opiates and cocaine derivatines are beneficial (ever heard of morphine or lidocaine?) however, they are well regulated and only dispensed by prescription.

Once again, it is a question of personal responsibility. You have no right to impose your views on my behavior. I have the responsibility to not cause harm or injury to others through my actions. You might want to take a glance at wirehairman's link. It explains this quite nicely.

is pot any worse than alcohol? is everyone an alcoholic? does every visitor to vegas go to a brothel? no!!!!!

if legal, i would not go see a hooker. and i would maybe smoke pot as much as i drink, which is not much. the money and resources spent on fighting these is absurd.

Talk to a cop and see who they would rather deal with, a beligerent drunk or a mellow dude with the munchies.

It seems to me that alcohol is much worse than pot. Having said that, I have never smoked pot but many of my friends have/do. I have seen many more problems as the result of alcohol. The only knock that I can see about pot is that it does seem to make some pot heads really lazy. However, I sort of think those people were lazy and pot just made it even more noticeable. :wacko:

Never been to a brothel but it is on my bucket list. :D

Pot is the gateway drug which leads to worse drugs, addiction, etc. I've personally seen it destroy lives and families. For those to say it's harmless and to minimize it's seriousness are naive.

any worse than booze? guns kill people too. if your destined to be doomed by drugs, pot being legal doesnt matter.

Edited by dmarc117

Pot is the gateway drug which leads to worse drugs, addiction, etc. I've personally seen it destroy lives and families. For those to say it's harmless and to minimize it's seriousness are naive.

Nobody is trying to minimize the seriousness of anything. Once again, it is a matter of personal responsibility. Everyone tries to blame the drug (it's a gateway, they're addictive, etc.). It's not the drug, it's the person. That person has the ability to say stop at any point in the journey. Unlike a rollercoaster, you can get off the ride at any point. Now I'm no psychologist, but I would hazard a guess that the reasons for wanting the escape are stronger than the downside of the drug or booze. That would point back to the person, not the availability of the drug.

Oh and just so we're real clear on this, not everyone that smokes pot becomes addicted to heroin. There are plenty of fine, upstanding, pillars of the community type individuals around that either have smoked it or currently smoke it and they aren't a waste or a drag on society. So to paint pot with the broad paint brush you're using is also being quite naive.

I empathize with your situation (seeing it ruin lives/families), but this whole "gateway drug" thing is such a frickin' myth it's not even funny.

Find me one, just one person who started with pot and moved on to worse drugs who wouldn't have done worse drugs even if pot didn't exist.

Pot is currently far easier for kids to get than alcohol. It was when I was a kid too. Me and my friends always had a sack of Josh Gordon around, and knew 4 ways to get it within 5 minutes. Getting a case of beer? That was a challenge. You need a fake ID and a place to hide it.

You're telling me that things are going to get worse if pot is regulated the way that alcohol is? I say that flies in the face of logic.

Nobody is trying to minimize the seriousness of anything. Once again, it is a matter of personal responsibility. Everyone tries to blame the drug (it's a gateway, they're addictive, etc.). It's not the drug, it's the person. That person has the ability to say stop at any point in the journey. Unlike a rollercoaster, you can get off the ride at any point. Now I'm no psychologist, but I would hazard a guess that the reasons for wanting the escape are stronger than the downside of the drug or booze. That would point back to the person, not the availability of the drug.

Oh and just so we're real clear on this, not everyone that smokes pot becomes addicted to heroin. There are plenty of fine, upstanding, pillars of the community type individuals around that either have smoked it or currently smoke it and they aren't a waste or a drag on society. So to paint pot with the broad paint brush you're using is also being quite naive.

I agree with all of what has been said. Perhaps my passion on this subject has more to do with personal experience within my family and the horrible effects it has had on them. Because of my experience it's difficult for me to not personalize it. Both my daughter and son began smoking Josh Gordon when their Mom and I were in the midst of a separation and impending divorce in the mid 90's. This use escalated into stronger drugs (i.e.- cocaine, ecstacy, etc.) I was granted custody of both of my children during this time and their mother moved away and was an infrequent participator in their lives. Obviously, the break-up of our marriage and the departure of my childrens Mom contributed to the problem.

My childrens drug use, starting with Josh Gordon, had a huge impact on our family and a incredible financial impact on me as I paid for 5 inpatient programs, multiple outpatient sessions and personal counseling. Two years ago I sent my son to a 6 month program in San Diego at the tune of 30K. It has been a very, very hard road. My daughter has been clean and sober for over 6 years and is now a drug and alcohol counselor helping other children and young adults. My son has not been as fortunate and is dealing with some mental illness due to extensive drug use. It's very painful for me to even talk about this and it's why this topic is such a hot button for me. I do agree that Josh Gordon use does not have the same affect on some as it does others but I also feel that the Josh Gordon use contributed greatly to the problem that my children and I have faced during the last 10-15 years. I'm certainly not trying to be naive .......

I also feel that the Josh Gordon use contributed greatly to the problem that my children and I have faced during the last 10-15 years. I'm certainly not trying to be naive .......

I sympathize with your difficult situation, but I think that blaming Josh Gordon is overlooking the actual gateway that I picked up on from your story.

I'm not sure I know any people for whom pot was a gateway into more serious drug addiction. but I know more than a couple for whom pot was very much a gateway into complete and utter loserdom. I think it should be legal, and in general I think it almost certainly has less overall negative impact on society than alcohol does, but I think it's a bit pollyannish to pretend that it doesn't lead a lot of people down some bad paths.

I'm not sure I know any people for whom pot was a gateway into more serious drug addiction. but I know more than a couple for whom pot was very much a gateway into complete and utter loserdom. I think it should be legal, and in general I think it almost certainly has less overall negative impact on society than alcohol does, but I think it's a bit pollyannish to pretend that it doesn't lead a lot of people down some bad paths.

many things can lead you down a wrong path.... yet they are legal...