[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scared to fly

Missoula Griz

you wake up, you start incurring risk ... natasha took a tumble on a bunny slope and that was all she wrote. if we stopped activities that have had fatal outcomes in the past, we wouldn't be able to do anything ... and i'm sure people who were not doing anything have been taken out as well.

get on the plane, hit the beach, have a blast.

I'm so sorry to hear bout your parents. :wacko:

A lot of people would let their fear keep them down, considering the situation, so, applaud you for taking on your fear. I fly a ton for my job, and I still don't like it. I usually take a Xanax and drink a couple of beers. Have something to keep your mind occupied on the plane, in case you can't fall asleep. Either a personal DVD player or laptop to watch a movie, or something to read.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after 8000 miles on an airplane I feel much more comfortable with my fear. I appreciate the advice and kind words.

Xanax and a few beers was the direction I took. I never slept a wink during the 18 hours I was on the airplanes. :wacko: