[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, BSG is over...

cliaz

What did you all think?

What the hell was Starbuck suppose to be? How bad ass was the attack on the Cylon colony? Those special effects were pretty fracking good but one thing I didn't understand was that the Galactica had to jump in right in front of the colony because of some tidal force from the black hole. Okay, then why could the raptors jump was the frack and a day behind the colony and chill there? Was it because of the debris?

Also, did the colony of cylons get destroyed when the nukes hit? I just can't see that happening because of the sheer size of the colony and it really didn't show it blow all the way up. And why did Dean Stockwell shoot himself? I thought it was pretty cool they gave the base star over to the centurions and they just left. I was kind of wondering what they were going to do with them. One thing I didn't like at all was how rushed they were to say, Nah, no cities, we will live in huts, and then Anders took the entire fleet into the sun.

Finally, I think that it is utter BS we have to wait until the fall to see the movie and that Caprica will not be on TV, we have to buy the DVD to watch it.

But that's why I am 100% that T_Bone is into men.

And why did Dean Stockwell shoot himself?

What the hell was Starbuck suppose to be? Okay, then why could the raptors jump was the frack and a day behind the colony and chill there? Was it because of the debris?

Also, did the colony of cylons get destroyed when the nukes hit?

My take:

He said he was as good as his word regarding the cease fire. And when the cylons opened fire, his word was no good anymore. He knew he was dead no matter what. ... or perhaps a little bit of Hitler in him. The superior race ideology fell, so he took his own life.

Starbuck = guardian angel. Six and Gaius = fallen angels.

Nuke radiation would kill them off since the colony probably couldn't jump anymore. Also, the nukes explosions may push the colony out of a safe orbit and make it eventually get swallowed up by the black hole.

Raptors and debris were in a safe orbit around the black hole.

I was interested to see that they had the Pangaea / continental drift already (continents were already in their current locations).

Edited by Riffraff

The finale was good, but not great. It had some good things. The special effects were amazing during that battle. The opera house thing was explained, and the scene with Roslin dying and Adama slipping the ring on her finger was touching. Tory got we she deserved. I also liked that moment that Baltar started to cry when he said he knew something about farming, feeling regret about his dead father. Baltar and Caprica6 coming full circle and being reunited was interesting.

They really did not explain the Kara Thrace harbinger of death thing. I still think killing her character and brining her back was a big goof by the writers. I did't think there was resolution between her and Lee. He was talking, turned around and she was gone. Kind of lame. They sent the ships flying into the sun. I personally would have kept some things from the ships to make life a little easier on the planet. I did not like the final scenes in New York. I thought they were not needed.

Seasons 1-3 of BSG were awesome. Season 4 episodes were up and down in quality. Overall, a great sci-fi show :wacko: that I will miss.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

i'll keep the spoiler quotes, but do we really need them? the thread title pretty much says, "don't read this if you haven't watched the finale."

What the hell was Starbuck suppose to be?

like riffraff said, i believe she was an angel. the hybrids called her "the harbinger of death," but never specified: for whom? apparently she was the harbinger of death for cylons, not humans. and baltar was repeatedly talking about angels being among them. starbuck may not have realized it until she got to earth, and when she figured out, she disappeared (i guess).

I was interested to see that they had the Pangaea / continental drift already (continents were already in their current locations).

the galactica crew landed on earth only 150,000 years ago. pangaea was formed a billion years ago. so 150,000 years ago, the continents likely looked the same as they do now.

They sent the ships flying into the sun. I personally would have kept some things from the ships to make life a little easier on the planet. I did not like the final scenes in New York. I thought they were not needed.

i think the point was they were trying to break the cycle of "all that has happened before will happen again." if they kept the ships and technology, it increased the possibility that the earth humans would re-create the past and destroy new earth. the scenes in new york showed that it didn't matter -- we were on our way to creating artificial intelligence and the cycle was repeating itself anew.

as a side note, i remember seeing something years ago about cave paintings depicting human-like aliens who arrived on ships (trying to find a link). there also have been questions about how ancient civilizations (incas, mayans, egyptians, aztecs, etc) could have known or done some of the things they did. i think the suggestion that the galactica crew were these "aliens" is kind of interesting.

i will miss caprica 6 in that red dress.

i'll keep the spoiler quotes, but do we really need them? the thread title pretty much says, "don't read this if you haven't watched the finale."

like riffraff said, i believe she was an angel. the hybrids called her "the harbinger of death," but never specified: for whom? apparently she was the harbinger of death for cylons, not humans. and baltar was repeatedly talking about angels being among them. starbuck may not have realized it until she got to earth, and when she figured out, she disappeared (i guess).

the galactica crew landed on earth only 150,000 years ago. pangaea was formed a billion years ago. so 150,000 years ago, the continents likely looked the same as they do now.

i think the point was they were trying to break the cycle of "all that has happened before will happen again." if they kept the ships and technology, it increased the possibility that the earth humans would re-create the past and destroy new earth. the scenes in new york showed that it didn't matter -- we were on our way to creating artificial intelligence and the cycle was repeating itself anew.

as a side note, i remember seeing something years ago about cave paintings depicting human-like aliens who arrived on ships (trying to find a link). there also have been questions about how ancient civilizations (incas, mayans, egyptians, aztecs, etc) could have known or done some of the things they did. i think the suggestion that the galactica crew were these "aliens" is kind of interesting.

i will miss caprica 6 in that red dress.

that dress is the only thing worthwhile on the show since season 2. I'm embarrassed that I spent years watching that mess hoping it would return to former glory.

I did like the finale, but the lead-up to it was horrible. It was one of the best series you'll ever see from Episode 1 right up until the Galactica jumped into the atmosphere to save them on New Caprica. After that, it was a wondering mess. The show lost it's edge once the Cylons weren't chasing them at every turn. Anyway, it was nice to see an ending.

Interesting interview with Ron Moore that explains a ton about the finale.

Edited by TimC

It was one of the best series you'll ever see from Episode 1 right up until the Galactica jumped into the atmosphere to save them on New Caprica. After that, it was a wondering mess.

You ain't kiddin.

The ending was better than I thought it would be, but not as good as I'd hoped.

I enjoyed the finale. It tied up all the loose ends I wanted tied up and left the future of the human race open to our imagination. Bravo, Ron Moore!! :wacko:

I enjoyed the finale. I was getting pissed when it looked like they were going to make a deal and go on their merry way, but Chief choking that hosebag and everything going to hell in a handbasket saved it. It bothers me a bit that Adama is going to live his last days in isolation, instead of going back to hang out with his son. Good luck building that cabin by yourself old man.