[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This place is dead

Hugh 0ne

24 hours without a post. Can't we talk about some "Other" sports?

OK, so I'm a huge Penguin fan, and we are the worst team in hockey. However, we are a bunch of young kids that will be future stars in this league. If they stay together, they will be a great team in a few years. This is what I am counting on. I am forcing myself to watch every game this year, because then I will appeciate it all the more if/when they are good in a few years.

I'm just hoping that getting the sh*t kicked out of you every night doesn't permanently demoralize some of these kids.

HUGH ONE.:

24 hours without a post. Can't we talk about some "Other" sports?

OK, so I'm a huge Penguin fan, and we are the worst team in hockey. However, we are a bunch of young kids that will be future stars in this league. If they stay together, they will be a great team in a few years. This is what I am counting on. I am forcing myself to watch every game this year, because then I will appeciate it all the more if/when they are good in a few years.

I'm just hoping that getting the sh*t kicked out of you every night doesn't permanently demoralize some of these kids.

As soon as they show their true potential to be big stars, they'll want more money, and they'll be gone.

Of all the Pittsburgh sports teams, the Pens most needed a new arena, and of course were the only ones not to get one. What the hell good does Heinz field do in the football offseason? They use the indoor arena year round for concerts, the circus, truck pulls, ice shows, etc., and that place is a dump!

Put a roof over PNC Park and ship the Pirates to DC or something.

alright H-1..... let's talk hockey. puddle hockey that is....... sorry no Penguins on my squad. wink

2 days after I deal forsberg for tkachuk..... #7 in blue posts a BIG FAT (-3) for me to start out the week. Looks like I'm gonna have to go 7-1 or 8-0 against you to make the dance..... ain't frigg'in happen'in. wall_bas

As for your Pens........ whoa. When your leading scorer is a defenseman who's skate'n to a -38 you know you're rebuilding. You do have some young talent for sure. Love Rico Fata...... & the hometown boy Ryan Malone. thumbs_u

Down Goes Frazia:

alright H-1..... let's talk hockey. puddle hockey that is....... sorry no Penguins on my squad. wink

2 days after I deal forsberg for tkachuk..... #7 in blue posts a BIG FAT (-3) for me to start out the week. Looks like I'm gonna have to go 7-1 or 8-0 against you to make the dance..... ain't frigg'in happen'in. wall_bas

As for your Pens........ whoa. When your leading scorer is a defenseman who's skate'n to a -38 you know you're rebuilding. You do have some young talent for sure. Love Rico Fata...... & the hometown boy Ryan Malone. thumbs_u 

And Koltsov and Fleury (even though he may be permanantly scarred from that goal he gave up against the US flag thumbs_u ) and Kraft and Murley and Surovy and Orpik.

Pens have 7 players that were born in 1980 or later. eek!

And I agree with Squeegiebo about the Igloo, but when your team sucks and you have 5000 fans it's hard to pay for a new stadium.

Where ya been Fraz? Kids kicking your ass?

Big John:

HUGH ONE.:

He has been busy trying to explain a trade he made with Sarge in the Fusion league. (with most thinking he got ripped off) Do tell. That is if Frazia doesn't mind.

Big John:

HUGH ONE.:

He has been busy trying to explain a trade he made with Sarge in the Fusion league. (with most thinking he got ripped off) Geez BJ... coach .... the long arm of the law knows no boundries. smash

.... yeah, have been scrape'n the vaseline from my ass after my magestic interlude with Sarge the other night. eek!

Good part of the deal is that I dealt Chris Chambers. brow .... only you (& Big John of course).... know the inside poop to that. wink

Down Goes Frazia:

chambers & a 3rd. & 7th. pick

for

rights to Thomas Jones & Marcus Washington + $4.00 fusion.

Well, we all know what I think of Chambers. If TJ can become the clear starting RB in Chicago(which is a big IF) I think it's a good move. Right now it's real risky, especially since you're giving up a 3rd rounder as well.

HUGH ONE.:

Down Goes Frazia:

chambers & a 3rd. & 7th. pick

for

rights to Thomas Jones & Marcus Washington + $4.00 fusion.

Well, we all know what I think of Chambers. If TJ can become the clear starting RB in Chicago(which is a big IF) I think it's a good move. Right now it's real risky, especially since you're giving up a 3rd rounder as well. the key to me is keeping Washington.... he put up solid LB #'s last year...... which we need in a bad way.

Getting back to the inital thoughts...

Very admirable to watch all the Penguins games. For a young team, at least the regular season has meaning. My team (and many others) don't start playing games with meaning until April.

Unfortunately, though, I'm not sure there is going to be a lot of hockey next year, I hope those young guys learned how to save money quickly.

Squeegiebo:

I watched a few Pens games early on, but it wasn't the same without Edzo in the booth with Mike.  I miss those times when the two of the would get into giggle fits like little kids.  

:D

Agreed, Lange isn't the same without Edzo, and Edzo sure doesn't have much to giggle about where he's sitting.

I will give the Pens coaching staff and players credit though, because they have not given up at all at any point in any game. These kids are playing hard (veterans included) regardless of their record and regardless of the scoreboard.

HUGH ONE.:

Squeegiebo:

I watched a few Pens games early on, but it wasn't the same without Edzo in the booth with Mike.  I miss those times when the two of the would get into giggle fits like little kids.  

:D  

Agreed, Lange isn't the same without Edzo, and Edzo sure doesn't have much to giggle about where he's sitting.

I will give the Pens coaching staff and players credit though, because they have not given up at all at any point in any game. These kids are playing hard (veterans included) regardless of their record and regardless of the scoreboard.

Poor Edzo.

So is Mario really going to try to play next year? If so, why? I guess if he makes it an official farewell tour, it would draw some bigger crowds. I would probably watch more often, too. (And not just because Mario is so f'n hot!)

LegFuJohnson

Hockey can't afford to keep going either.  I hope I'm wrong, of course.  I don't want to see a lockout, but they currently pay over 75% of revenues out in salary?  That's shocking.

I've heard rumors that some owners are actually hoping for the lockout so they can stop losing money for some time and know whether or not they need to fold their teams.

If there is a lockout, look for a significantly smaller NHL to come back - I hear that possibly 4-6 teams may fold.