[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another music thread

CaP'N GRuNGe

OK. I need some new music. Whatcha got? I caught a song from this band on the radio the other day. Thought it was pretty good. Here's the first song that popped up on Youtube. I really like it, need to check them out further:

Pilot Speed

Any others out there for me?

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I've been hyping Midlake for over a year - not sure how much pub they get, but their 'Bamnan and Silvercork' album is just incredible to me. They have another album that gets more attention but the album I mentioned is far superior to my ears. I'd highly suggest it if you haven't heard it.

+1

I think the whole CD is really good.

Here's some fairly new stuff I really like as well.

Dead Confederate - "The Rat"

Your Vegas - "In My Head"

Not "new" but maybe unknown:

Straylight Run - "Hands In The Sky"

Edited by 'canes2004

Magnolia Electric Company.

Midlake takes a few listens. Personally, I'd start with The Trials of Van Occupanther first otherwise I agree with Brent.

These guys aren't bad. I found, i think the Van Occupanther song...or part of it? A bit better.

I just picked up albums from El Ten Eleven and The Octopus Project. I've been really liking instrumental stuff recently.

This video is really interesting watching him layer the guitar parts on top of each other live.

I liked these. Not sure I'd ever get into instrumentals much though. Probably perfect to listen to at work though.

+1

I think the whole CD is really good.

Here's some fairly new stuff I really like as well.

Dead Confederate - "The Rat"

Wow, really liked this. I think i've seen the name before. Pulled up a couple more songs. Really good. Gonna have to pick something up of theirs. Thanks!

Your Vegas - "In My Head"

This young guy sounds like he has a real classic rocker voice. Pretty strong.

Not "new" but maybe unknown:

Straylight Run - "Hands In The Sky"

Unknown to me. I liked it.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

This video is really interesting watching him layer the guitar parts on top of each other live.

Dude. I keep watching this video. I love how he plays guitar and bass at the same time while his drummer is drumming with his left hand and playing keyboard with his right hand... and this is for real.