[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Popular Songs and their Associations

Savage Beatings

Some songs will always make you think of a particular person, place, event, etc. no matter what.

Which songs have the strongest associations for you?

For me every single time now that I hear "Working for the Weekend" by Loverboy, I immediately think of that SNL skit where Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze are competing for one final Chippendales spot. That song used to mean nothing to me, but now it always makes me smile!

Atlanta Rythum Section - Aja

Somewhere around 1978. I had been working 12 hr days, 7 days a week for a long time. No matter how tired i was though I would go up to th Kings Heads Inn and listen to some music and get some beers. There was this one young woman who use to always be there and we would hook up. That went on for a couple of months but that was the end of it. Anytime I hear a song from the ablum I think of her and and those long hours of work. Funny thing is I can't remember her name. :wacko: Dam old age.

Edited by Footballjoe