[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ax Men

bushwacked

Anyone watching the new episodes of Ax Men with the keystone cop operation (S&S Aqua Logging) taking a tiny drift boat up and down the Hoaquim River harvesting old growth timber out of the stream bed and stream banks? Guys are freaking hilarious idiots. A father yelling and swearing all the time, his son, and whatever buddy they can get out of the bar. I watched it last night and they had about 2-3 close calls with their boat narrowly missing snags and timber.

Anyway, I'm watching this and wondering how they ever got permits to do this. Rivers up here are typically really sensitive to any kind of erosion/deposition as it can have rather large effects down stream. Not to mention that salmon habitat is a Hugh deal; and these guys are ripping old growth timber out of stream beds and riparian corridors.

So, I Google the company name last night and got the answer. These idjuts were doing it illegally. They tried to get permits from WA State, they were denied, and then they go on a documentary on Discovery Channel illegally harvesting timber. :wacko:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...9_axmen14m.html

Anyone watching the new episodes of Ax Men with the keystone cop operation (S&S Aqua Logging) taking a tiny drift boat up and down the Hoaquim River harvesting old growth timber out of the stream bed and stream banks? Guys are freaking hilarious idiots. A father yelling and swearing all the time, his son, and whatever buddy they can get out of the bar. I watched it last night and they had about 2-3 close calls with their boat narrowly missing snags and timber.

Anyway, I'm watching this and wondering how they ever got permits to do this. Rivers up here are typically really sensitive to any kind of erosion/deposition as it can have rather large effects down stream. Not to mention that salmon habitat is a Hugh deal; and these guys are ripping old growth timber out of stream beds and riparian corridors.

So, I Google the company name last night and got the answer. These idjuts were doing it illegally. They tried to get permits from WA State, they were denied, and then they go on a documentary on Discovery Channel illegally harvesting timber. :wacko:

I have watched every episode. I watch the new one last night and saved it because I wanted to show the S&S parts to my 12 year old son. He always complains that I am too strict and impatient. That dad makes me look like Jesus.

F'n funny. I cannot believe his son has not clocked him yet...hopefully he will in next week's episode.

So, I Google the company name last night and got the answer. These idjuts were doing it illegally. They tried to get permits from WA State, they were denied, and then they go on a documentary on Discovery Channel illegally harvesting timber. :D

This reminds me of a Hunter's Safety instructor we had here at school. He often showed homemade videos of him hunting and demonstrating proper field craft, sometimes harvesting a deer or a turkey. My son came home one time and said Mr. C showed a video of him killing a turkey in December (just a little out of season :wacko: ). "How do you know it was December, son?" "He had the date and time on the video, Dad."

:D

Keystone Kops is the perfect description for that team. I'd be willing to bet that the show wanted them bad enough to be willing to pay any fines they get for illegally pulling those logs up. If I was the producer, I know I sure would. They are a disaster waiting to happen and to get that on tape would be priceless.

In one of the first episodes they ran out of gas for the wench. They had the camera crew go get them some, when I wore my first dressing hilarious. Somehow it doesn't surprise me that they are doing this illegally.

I can't get in to any of these Deadlest Catch ripoffs. I watched a few episodes of Ice Road Truckers and that was pretty lame. Same with the one on oil drilling. Can't say I've seen any of Ax Men, but I assume its the same schtick.

Pretty much, but cutting timber is a heckuva lot cooler than driving truck.

I can't get in to any of these Deadlest Catch ripoffs. I watched a few episodes of Ice Road Truckers and that was pretty lame. Same with the one on oil drilling. Can't say I've seen any of Ax Men, but I assume its the same schtick.

I pretty much agree but for some reason I do get a kick out of Ax Men.

Keystone Kops is the perfect description for that team. I'd be willing to bet that the show wanted them bad enough to be willing to pay any fines they get for illegally pulling those logs up. If I was the producer, I know I sure would. They are a disaster waiting to happen and to get that on tape would be priceless.

That dad is borderline psychotic. Maybe the series will culminate in a Ruby Ridge-type standoff...

That dad is borderline psychotic. Maybe the series will culminate in a Ruby Ridge-type standoff...

Actually, I think the kid snaps a tries to drown him.