[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bear's Schedule...

rocknrobn26

I like it, but ya can't always count on bad teams from last year.

I see 11-5, that is a definite contender in NFC North, but I'm not counting victories until we see what Cutler does. But the Bears did well in FA. Much better than years past. Lovie doing 'D'??? Don't like it. Babbich...fish or cut bait! If the HC needs to take over 'D', I say fire the DC and get a new one.

But I digress...

Gil...Pope...Ursa...and the rest of you Bear fans...Opinions on the schedule? :wacko:

I see 11-5, that is a definite contender in NFC North, but I'm not counting victories until we see what Cutler does. But the Bears did well in FA. Much better than years past. Lovie doing 'D'??? Don't like it. Babbich...fish or cut bait! If the HC needs to take over 'D', I say fire the DC and get a new one.

But I digress...

Gil...Pope...Ursa...and the rest of you Bear fans...Opinions on the schedule? :wacko:

Not really sure. I was one of the few who thought Chicago was underrated last year and wasn't surprised they almost made the playoffs.

About 3 days before the Cutler trade I pointed that out to a friend and said I think they're capable of a 5-11 season, the window has closed that much.

But the trade and FAs clearly have made me rethink that. I don't, however, expect the D to be very strong. I'm worried this team is going to look and perform like Wannestadt's team: A track meet that cannot compete on the lake.

PLEASE pull the plug on Hester the WR and dedicate him to ST.

But I digress...

Week 3 is a loss. :D

PLEASE pull the plug on Hester the WR and dedicate him to ST.

+1,000,000

Caught a quick glance at the schedule, and see 9-7. They are saying it's easy, but I don't like the first half at all. Not at all.

Agree. With a defense sagging to mediocrity and no wide receivers for Cutler, 9-7 looks a safe bet.

Pittsburgh and Baltimore are the two toughest but I don't see why this wouldn't be a winning season.

D's going soft, and even with Cutler we're not a catch-up team. If the OL sucks again, and Forte gets the same amount of carries - it could get tough.

No way dude. Wasn't last year his first as a WR? I think he was a CB in college?

I like Orton, but he didn't have the arm to keep up with Hester. And since Hester is improving, I can see a lot of long passes for TDs this season.

He contributes FAR more as a returner than he ever will as a glorified Willie Gault 2.0. I know - I've seen them both.

Dude give us 6 TDs year 1 - 6 more year 2 on ST and ZERO year 3 cause he's playing grabass as WR. There's a reason he wasn't a WR much in college: his hands are suspect.

Hell, he'd be better as a CB probably. He'd be quite disruptive. As it is, on O he's a distraction and made 1 or 2 nice catches. But that was about it.

He contributes FAR more as a returner than he ever will as a glorified Willie Gault 2.0. I know - I've seen them both.

Dude give us 6 TDs year 1 - 6 more year 2 on ST and ZERO year 3 cause he's playing grabass as WR. There's a reason he wasn't a WR much in college: his hands are suspect.

Hell, he'd be better as a CB probably. He'd be quite disruptive. As it is, on O he's a distraction and made 1 or 2 nice catches. But that was about it.

I disagree. I understand he has had some trouble catching the ball, but I think he can be a good WR. I remember seeing him WIDE OPEN several times last year and Orton either didn't see him or couldn't get the ball to him. With another year playing WR and with a very good QB, I only see Hester getting better. In fact, I'm predicting he gets between 800-1000 yards and doubles his TD output (about 8). If you look at the trend of any of the GREAT WRs, you will see that Hester's numbers in his first 2 years as WR are very impressive and comparable to the elite guys. However, he needs to make the jump this year - if he does what I'm predicting in yardage and TDs, I think you will see a very good WR for years to come. Let's face it, he's not going to get 6 TDs every year as a PR/KR, it's better to have him on the field with as many touches as we can get him. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at Hester's production this year.

I disagree. I understand he has had some trouble catching the ball, but I think he can be a good WR. I remember seeing him WIDE OPEN several times last year and Orton either didn't see him or couldn't get the ball to him. With another year playing WR and with a very good QB, I only see Hester getting better. In fact, I'm predicting he gets between 800-1000 yards and doubles his TD output (about 8). If you look at the trend of any of the GREAT WRs, you will see that Hester's numbers in his first 2 years as WR are very impressive and comparable to the elite guys. However, he needs to make the jump this year - if he does what I'm predicting in yardage and TDs, I think you will see a very good WR for years to come. Let's face it, he's not going to get 6 TDs every year as a PR/KR, it's better to have him on the field with as many touches as we can get him. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at Hester's production this year.

Doubling his TD output would be 6, not 8.

I'll bet you brent $100.00 he doesn't hit 8 and 900 yards.

He's a mediocre WR at best and a beast on the return team. I'm a firm believer in that field position difference he provides on returns to be a much larger contribution to the offense than running full speed as a WR decoy most of the time.

And you are flat out wrong about his first two years being comparable to "elite guys' :D He still hasn't matched Chris Chambers' rookie year of 883-7. Is Chambers elite? Hardly. :wacko:

Doubling his TD output would be 6, not 8.

I'll bet you brent $100.00 he doesn't hit 8 and 900 yards.

He's a mediocre WR at best and a beast on the return team. I'm a firm believer in that field position difference he provides on returns to be a much larger contribution to the offense than running full speed as a WR decoy most of the time.

And you are flat out wrong about his first two years being comparable to "elite guys' :D He still hasn't matched Chris Chambers' rookie year of 883-7. Is Chambers elite? Hardly. :wacko:

Ok, I was a bit off on my numbers for Hester (I thought he had 4 TDs last year and more yardage his first year). Still, he's improved in his first two years and having nearly 700 yards in only his 2nd year at WR is noteworthy. He will improve again this year and should approach 1000 yards - I still think he gets 900 yards and 8 TDs this season and if he does, he might be relevant for years to come.

Ok, I was a bit off on my numbers for Hester (I thought he had 4 TDs last year and more yardage his first year). Still, he's improved in his first two years and having nearly 700 yards in only his 2nd year at WR is noteworthy. He will improve again this year and should approach 1000 yards - I still think he gets 900 yards and 8 TDs this season and if he does, he might be relevant for years to come.

I won't be like some here on the site and assume this is a taking of my wager. Is it? You wanna back that up with a Benji? C'mon, he's got Cutler throwing to him now, right? Better than Orton, right? :wacko:

I won't be like some here on the site and assume this is a taking of my wager. Is it? You wanna back that up with a Benji? C'mon, he's got Cutler throwing to him now, right? Better than Orton, right? :wacko:

I like to bet and all, but betting on fixed numbers is kinda stupid. I mean, if Hester goes out and gets 850 yards and 7 TDs, it still backs up what I'm predicting (800+ and double TDs) but I'd lose the bet. I think I'll pass on this bet, but I'll be sure to bump this thread when Hester proves me right come season's end. The good thing in all of this is that we're both Bear fans so, him doing well is good for both of us.

My take:

Hester's days as a 6 TD KO returner are done. Can't believe it lasted 2 years.

Make him a WR that gets 900+ and 7 TD's or 86 his ass.

No hands??? Hard to catch balls thrown at your ankles.

I'd love to see one of those "Oldtimers" come into camp. Then pick up a rook WR, but don't do it until we fill the gaps in the OL, DL and secondary.

Maybe Bradley can connect w/ him.(Old school mates?) If not 86 his ass also.

I'm putting big $$$ on Forte and Olsen.

Beef up the OL and get a flyer at CB/S.

Did I mention getting off that stupid "Cover 2"?

Get back to a 43 and let Urlacher charge the middle, not try to cover the middle of the field! :wacko: His legs are getting old.

My take:

I'd love to see one of those "Oldtimers" come into camp. Then pick up a rook WR, but don't do it until we fill the gaps in the OL, DL and secondary.

Get back to a 43 and let Urlacher charge the middle, not try to cover the middle of the field! :wacko: His legs are getting old.

If Hester cannot produce with Cutler throwing the rock he never will. So I guess the question is does he wanna step up or be relegated to obscurity. I expect him to step up. If I am wrong I will be in dynasty rebuilding mode. sigh

My take:

I wouldn't expect him to return 3 TD even in a year again, that would be dumb. But I do think he's better locked onto being only PR/KR, instead of being only ok at both.

I would be satisfied with 900/7 - I would want to lose that bet with brent. He should go in the slot for that to happen.

ToryHoltTorryHoltTorryHolt.

You're thinking Earl Bennett, and I agree.

Olsen could be crazy this year - and if Hester is in the slot...

The D needs work: where did our DL go? Wasn't our 2ndary decent with decent depth (not much more) even two years ago? It's f-ing tissue paper now.

Bradley is 86'd T.

What little work they did on the OL was impressive. Not many teams had as big of a need as the Bears, but essentially, they are walking into next year with 4 new OL. I will be interested is seeing how that all works out.

The biggest issue for the Bears is the defensive line, and let's hope Mr. 0-16 can help them, because it's the one part of the team that will make or break the playoffs. Pressure from the front 4 has been way too inconsistent.

I like to bet and all, but betting on fixed numbers is kinda stupid. I mean, if Hester goes out and gets 850 yards and 7 TDs, it still backs up what I'm predicting (800+ and double TDs) but I'd lose the bet. I think I'll pass on this bet, but I'll be sure to bump this thread when Hester proves me right come season's end. The good thing in all of this is that we're both Bear fans so, him doing well is good for both of us.

Yea who would want to bet on fixed numbers that is a crazy theory. How about betting on non fixed numbers? Say he gets about 800 yards or so and maybe 7 tds give or take a few or a bunch.