[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is horse racing abuse?

loaf

Meh, humans have a choice. I'd say horses do as well, but they don't know anything else. That still doesn't justify the comparison.

This is silly. They have a choice? Have you not seen a pony hesitate or fight to not get in the gate?

They are raced for our own entertainment and nothing else. Where in the world are you going with this? :wacko:

Yes. Horses have a choice. If they don't want to run, they don't run. They don't have it. They show nothing in the mornings, they don't run.

There was a yealing several years back that sold for like 10 million, he was given to Pletcher, his name I think is the Green Monkey.

That's a lot of money to spend on a horse that has never run a race. He maybe ran a few times, and that's it. He just didn't have it.

So yes, they do have a choice. These horses know they are in a race. Using an example of a horse hesitating or fighting getting in the gate is weak. Maybe they've never run in front of a ton of people, perhaps something spooked them....if the horse doesn't want to run, it won't run---they are trained to run and win, it's who they are.

Born and bred for the sport for many years. More of the crack of the whip, rather then the pain recvd that gets their attention down the stretch.

Rachel is one Hugh B*tch huh? bigger than the gelding. she on HGH?

This is silly. They have a choice? Have you not seen a pony hesitate or fight to not get in the gate?

They are raced for our own entertainment and nothing else. Where in the world are you going with this? :wacko:

Gil gave a good enough answer. I've always understood that they fight to get in the gate because they are just plain excited & are already surging with adrenaline in anticipation of the race. Combined with the crowd noise & the other horses I'm not surprised they are that jumpy.

Yes. Horses have a choice. If they don't want to run, they don't run. They don't have it. They show nothing in the mornings, they don't run.

There was a yealing several years back that sold for like 10 million, he was given to Pletcher, his name I think is the Green Monkey.

That's a lot of money to spend on a horse that has never run a race. He maybe ran a few times, and that's it. He just didn't have it.

So yes, they do have a choice. These horses know they are in a race. Using an example of a horse hesitating or fighting getting in the gate is weak. Maybe they've never run in front of a ton of people, perhaps something spooked them....if the horse doesn't want to run, it won't run---they are trained to run and win, it's who they are.

beating an animal for gain?

and before this veers off topic, I would rather die 3 years early than have to watch a rodeo...

Not a fan of rodeo either but when I do see a clip of somebody getting their butt handed to them by a bull I rather enjoy it. It's not that I enjoy seeing anyone get hurt rather seeing someone get what they deserve. Much like watching people get their mud stomped in Pamplona.