[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World's Best Golf Holes

Hugh 0ne

Inspired by Squeegiebo, here are a list of my top 6 golf holes in the world:

1. 13th at Augusta

2. 4th at Banff Springs

3. 18th at Pebble Beach

4. 5th at Bethpage Gold Course (Black)

5. 17th at Sawgrass

6. 17th at Harbor Town

There are some great holes in Europe at Ballybunion, St. Andrews, Newcastle, Carnoustie etc., but I'm not a big fan of links style courses, so I don't have any in my top 5.

#13 and #15 at Augusta are two of my favorites. So many things can happen on both of these holes to change the complexion of the tournement. Go for the green in two or lay up? Hitting it into Raes Creek... trying to hit it out of Raes Creek. You can see eagles, birdies, pars, bogies and the treaded Others.

#17 at Sawgrass can have its drama, but really it's a pretty short par 3, only reason you do see so many balls in the water, is the pros firing at the flag instead of the center of the green.

BillyBalata:

#17 at Sawgrass can have its drama, but really it's a pretty short par 3, only reason you do see so many balls in the water, is the pros firing at the flag instead of the center of the green.

Always depends on the flag placement, and the tiered green is tricky as well.

Yea, it's still a fun hole to watch. Par 5's tend to be my favorites though. #16 at Sawgrass is a great hole...alot of things can happen there before they even get to #17.

If you go to pgatour.com, you can watch them play #17 live on the web today.

Sorry, missed the new thread and had originally put this response in the TPC thread.

I'll give 2 answers:

[1] From a Tour player's perspective:

I'd say #13 at Augusta. Two reasons: [a] any number from a 3 to a 7 is in the equation AND historically, this hole decided many Masters titles for alot of guys.

[2] And from a personal perspective (meaning a golf hole I've actually played):

#18 on Pinehurst #2 is simply a wonderful golf hole. Walking up that fairway, knowing all the great players that have done the same, is pretty cool. (I suspect #18 at Pebble will be my first choice here once I play it).

Harbour Town #17 is the only one I've played on that list and it's a beaut. #18 is famous as the lighthouse hole and I was so freaked about duck hooking into the drink, that I sent it into the condos on the right. Great course, but too many condos and crap around. But more affordable than Pebble Beach.

Best course I've ever played was Kapalua, The Plantation Course on Maui. Holy sh*t is that gorgeous! Every hole breaks toward the ocean.

jump jump jump