[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Car Help

darin3

I may be some things, but one thing I am not is.... good with cars. :D

I do know, however, when my sled :wacko: isn't rolling right.

Over the past few months, I've been driving her a lot - given my new part-time jobs - and have noticed, over the course of the past few weeks, that the brakes don't feel the same. I wouldn't say "spongey"... more of like it feels like the power brakes are losing the "power".... takes me a little more oomph to get the thing to stop, and I thought it felt a little grindy, but I got a free brake inspection and they say both sets of pads are decent (45% and 60%).

Brake fluid is fine. Might the brake system need a flush-out?

tbimm, you there brotha? :D

Type of car?

First let me tell you this. If you got a free brake inspection and they didn't sell you brake work then your base braking system is fine. Sounds like you may be starting to have a problem with the power brake booster.

Type of car?

First let me tell you this. If you got a free brake inspection and they didn't sell you brake work then your base braking system is fine. Sounds like you may be starting to have a problem with the power brake booster.

my second guess :wacko:

Type of car?

2001 Ford Ranger. And yeah, that would make sense. How much do those suckers run? :wacko: I'm definitely not in the position to be spendin' a ton of coin. :D

2001 Ford Ranger. And yeah, that would make sense. How much do those suckers run? :wacko: I'm definitely not in the position to be spendin' a ton of coin. :D

About a hundred for the part and about 2 hours in labor. That is a guess but I can tell you when I get home from the shop exactly what the labor time is on it. I called our parts supplier and the part costs us 76 bucks and would cost you 98 walking in the door. We would sell it to you with complete warranty for a buck and a quarter.