[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lawn Mower Repair Help

Footballjoe

Briggs and Stratton 6 HP easy start (no choke) push mower. It has been sitting up for 2-3 years. There was no fuel in the tank. The plug looks new and the air filter is clean. It will run 2-3 seconds after priming and then shut off. I removed the air filter and primed the gas and I could see fuel. So what do I need to do now? Is their a fuel filter somewhere? Thanks

and the carb would be the round do job thing with the bolt running through the middle? :wacko:

No my guess is that is either the muffler or the air filter.

Google the make and model of the lawn mower and see if you can find an online repair manual for it. That will help you a bunch. If no luck there... To be honest... you may want to google your local lawnmower repair shop.

No my guess is that is either the muffler or the air filter.

Google the make and model of the lawn mower and see if you can find an online repair manual for it. That will help you a bunch. If no luck there... To be honest... you may want to google your local lawnmower repair shop.

:wacko: I guess I deserved that for asking if its the round do job thing. It 'snot the muffler or air filter. It has something to do with the fuel system. I loosened the bolt and gas came out. It's a small cylindar shaped type container. Would there be a diaphram in there that would need to be replaced, possibly dry rotted from sitting up for awhile?

Edited by Footballjoe

It not the muffler or air filter. It has something to do with the fuel system. I loosened the bolt and gas came out. It's a small cylindar shaped type container. Would there be a diaphram in there that would need to be replaced, possibly dry rotted from sitting up for awhile?

Ahhh. Float bowl maybe?

Man I am so much better with a lawnmower if it is right in front of me. I think you have trash in the carb which is killing the engine after a short time running.I am one of those guys that believe in having a repair manual for anything that makes noise when it runs. Helps a lot when you have questions to be able to name the parts even if you don't know what they do.

:wacko: I guess I deserved that for asking if its the round do job thing. It 'snot the muffler or air filter. It has something to do with the fuel system. I loosened the bolt and gas came out. It's a small cylindar shaped type container. Would there be a diaphram in there that would need to be replaced, possibly dry rotted from sitting up for awhile?

Possibly, but I'd guess there's varnish and gunk over both jets, and like tbimm said it could be coating the float. It sounds like once you get it primed it's running out of gas, so I'd bet on either fuel filter or needle jet.

I miss 99% of what Nuke says. I never learned to speak Nukecanise.

It's a derivative of Yukonese. If you can scrounge up a manual on Yukonese it's fairly simple to translate between the two.

Although I will admit, the Iowan dialect in Nukecanise can complicate things at times....

It's a derivative of Yukonese. If you can scrounge up a manual on Yukonese it's fairly simple to translate between the two.

Although I will admit, the Iowan dialect in Nukecanise can complicate things at times....

if ya ever leave that mosquito net give me a shout :wacko: