[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is this response intended for

AtomicCEO

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad vowed Saturday to make the U.S. regret its criticism of Iran's postelection crackdown and said the "mask has been removed" from the Obama administration's efforts to improve relations.

Ahmadinejad — with his internal opponents virtually silenced — all but dared Obama to keep calling for an end to repression of demonstrators who claim the hardline leader stole re-election through massive fraud.

"You should know that if you continue the response of the Iranian nation will be strong," Ahmadinejad said in a speech to members of Iran's judiciary, which is directly controlled by the ruling clerics. "The response of the Iranian nation will be crushing. The response will cause remorse."

So obviously... Iran has to do something right now to try to act like this blatant display of corruption and violence isn't their fault. This is a pretty poor attempt.

Ordinarily I'd think this message was for a local audience... but clearly half the people in his country don't support him, so that's not going to fly.

Do we really think Obama is supposed to be quaking in his boots? More realistically... this is a dare to get Obama to respond. If Obama came back with more, then Ahmadinejad could keep railing on and on and distract attention from himself. I think Obama should respond to it in the same way we all respond to H8Tank... ignore it not because you're scared but because giving it attention would actually help the dictator.

Do we really think Obama is supposed to be quaking in his boots? More realistically... this is a dare to get Obama to respond.

I think you are dead on here. I don't expect Obama to get into a word match with him. I think the way you spelled it out is about the best way that we will handle it.

Oh, I don't know, a "North Korea is going to crush one of the greatest nations on Earth with new 300 mile missiles and we are meddling in Iran elections and sniping citizens because we can" approach could maybe...just maybe...make the other countries look like complete idiots.

Which, they do. That is what I think Obama should say. Call them out on being <TheHangover> rehtardddss<TheHanover>.

Don't think Obama is all that interested in foreign affairs myself.

He sure has devoted a lot of time and energy, while making some major high profile international policy shifts in the infancy of his presidency, for a guy not being interested in foreign affairs.

Oh, I don't know, a "North Korea is going to crush one of the greatest nations on Earth with new 300 mile missiles and we are meddling in Iran elections and sniping citizens because we can" approach could maybe...just maybe...make the other countries look like complete idiots.

Which, they do. That is what I think Obama should say. Call them out on being <TheHangover> rehtardddss<TheHanover>.

Even if Obama just replied with a :wacko:, I think it would be dignifying something silly.