[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So you work for someone for 14 years.

tbimm

Comes time to leave...........

I am getting screwed!

I gave my boss months of notice but the way my pay is structured he has found ways to save himself money and keep me based on what it will take for me to move comfortably.

We have always had a deal; where my avg booked hours is what I get payed when he is either out of town or I am on vacation. He came up with 30 hrs. About 3 short but I choose my battles.

Forward to me leaving him and him knowing it.

I booked 16.4 last week and he added 7 hours to that. Far short of the 30 hrs that was agreed on. He was in Ireland all week and I am trying to get 2 hacks to be able to take my spot. I am not able to save the money necessary to get out of here on that money.

We built this shop together He will continue to benefit from what I have offered him and his business.

Do I walk and take all my people with me? Do I stay a bit longer knowing I make more money or do I stay true?

Do I walk and take all my people with me? Do I stay a bit longer knowing I make more money or do I stay true?

All this over six hours? Or am I missing something? Also, where will you and your people go?

I'd stay true....but that's just me.

All this over six hours? Or am I missing something? Also, where will you and your people go?

I'd stay true....but that's just me.

6 or more hours repeatedly paid at $30 an hour.'

Why not just confront him and ask why he is now shorting you hours? Maybe he'll do the right thing and pay you what you've both agreed upon. Give him an opportunity to man up. If he refuses to honor your agreement, then I don't think it makes sense to continue to work with someone who would screw you over for a couple hundred dollars.

Why not just confront him and ask why he is now shorting you hours? Maybe he'll do the right thing and pay you what you've both agreed upon. Give him an opportunity to man up. If he refuses to honor your agreement, then I don't think it makes sense to continue to work with someone who would screw you over for a couple hundred dollars.

yeah, you need to discuss it with him and find out whats going on. BTW Is there a new payroll person?

Good info here.

Was he in "The Sopranos"?

I'm kiding... he was in "Johnny Dangerously".

He was in "The Godfather"......stabbed through the hand and garrotted.

Talked with him last night. His excuse is that since we got the new guy my average has gone down. Well no manure Sherlock I have been sharing work with this guy so he doesn't quit before I leave. I explained to him that while he was on vacation I was going in extremely early each day to get work set up for the other guys and to fix their screw ups before they came in. 2 weeks ago I worked fri, sat and sun and last weekend I worked fri and sat. Mind you we are only open Mon through Thurs 7 am to 6 pm.

I asked him how he plans to pay me for MY Vacation this week? He says he hasn't figured that out yet.

I am so frustrated. I am trying like crazy to get out of New Orleans and be done with all of this and getting shorted on pay is not getting me any closer to moving.

Glad you talked with first before doing anything rash. Fourteen years is a long time. Your gut is telling you what to do because you know deep inside what to expect. If he is not willing to be up front with you after your conversation it is probably time to part ways. I wouldn't do it with any acrimony though. Karma will bite him in the butt. You will have a clear conscience with no baggage to move on to bigger and better.

Glad you talked with first before doing anything rash. Fourteen years is a long time. Your gut is telling you what to do because you know deep inside what to expect. If he is not willing to be up front with you after your conversation it is probably time to part ways. I wouldn't do it with any acrimony though. Karma will bite him in the butt. You will have a clear conscience with no baggage to move on to bigger and better.

yep, as frustrating as it is ya gotta take the high road, the guy clearly is only seeing how screwed he is gonna be without ya and is scared & pissed.....when the dust settles he'll actually see how Loyal & Valuable you were for him but it will be to late.....like Grandma told me Tom "ya come into this world with your name and go out with it" that's all ya got and you can take pride in the work you have done not the money....my gut tells me he is gonna find a way ta do something ta make things right though :wacko:

Have you and he had a conversation about how upset he is that you're leaving him? Because that's how this sounds to me. 14 years is a long time.

Yes Czar we have spoken. He is not happy that I am leaving and also understands why I have to. The hard part for us is that we built this thing together. When I came in it was a clusterfug and since we have built it into a well oiled machine so to speak.

He has had the freedom to take vacations without having to close his business for many years now. Knowing full well that I will run it as he would if he were there. I have no financial interest in this business other than a paycheck yet I treat it as my own.

All of our regular customers are shocked when they her I am leaving and ask him what he is going to do when I go. He always says the same thing... Work a hell of a lot harder than I have in years.