[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wouldn't Sports News be great if......

FishFreak

Please no more. I can't take any more of these clowns being in the news every minute. There has to be something else to talk about right?

Tedy Bruschi.

As a Jets fan and New Yorker, I hated all things New England / Boston. Bruschi was a favorite whipping boy of mine for years.

Then I saw him playing on the field with one of his kids. Then I saw the special "Make a Wish" he did for ESPN. I felt ashamed at myself. He's an amazing man, one to be held in the highest regard. THAT's a TRUE hero.

And THAT's what we should hear more of.

When did this tabloid paparozzi media take over anyway?

When 24/7 coverage created a need for 168 hours of sports stories in a world that generates enough true sports news to fill seven 15 minute evening news recaps, an hour of This Week in Baseball, and an hour of NFL live ... Gotta fill the space, gotta create the buzz -- those directives have replaced gotta report the news.