[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sturgis 2009

Jimmy Neutron

so how's the action @ Broken Spoke?

Crowded - couldn't get in. :wacko:

Did you ride out there?

remember yuppie, trailers are for boats.

No suck luck - in Rapid City on business - drove up to Sturgis to check it out.

I'm dying to go there one of these days. Gotta be able to afford my low-rider first...

Eh...you don't need a Harley to go. It's "cool" and all, but i'm willing to bet the ride to Sturgis would be much, much nicer on the Honda.

So who rides what here?

Before we had a kid, my wife and I were often on our 1986 BMW K75 cruising in the mountains. Haven't done that in a while, but we're looking forward to riding again someday.

so what do y'all ride?

I have a '96 Vulcan 800 classic. Fun bike for putting around. Can go on the highway, but not all that fun there.

and then I just bought a 2004 BMW R1200c Montauk. Very excited. Much different ride, much tougher to handle at low speed (parking lots, in stop and go traffic) and stop, but so nice on the highway, and very good about town. Still getting used to it and still waiting for my Corbin seat. That should help by improving ground reach. Then I may look into getting it lowered an inch, an it will be perfect :wacko:

Eh...you don't need a Harley to go. It's "cool" and all, but i'm willing to bet the ride to Sturgis would be much, much nicer on the Honda.

I have a '96 Vulcan 800 classic. Fun bike for putting around. Can go on the highway, but not all that fun there.

and then I just bought a 2004 BMW R1200c Montauk. Very excited. Much different ride, much tougher to handle at low speed (parking lots, in stop and go traffic) and stop, but so nice on the highway, and very good about town. Still getting used to it and still waiting for my Corbin seat. That should help by improving ground reach. Then I may look into getting it lowered an inch, an it will be perfect :wacko:

Sweet!

And to echo lord buttpie, My 650+ lb VTX is MUCH more stable at slow speeds than the 919 and other lighter bikes have been.

I have a 2000 Vulcan 800 Classic. I hardly ride it anymore. I know, shame on me. It only has 3500 miles on it. I've thought about buying my dream Harley, but don't really feel like getting in debt again. The Vulcan is paid for and it's practically new with the low miles. But I feel if I purchased a Harley Road King, Ultra Classic, or Heritage Classic, I'd ride more. One of the first things I did to my Vulcan was buy a Mustang seat. It's awesome. The only upgrades I need are some highway pegs(I have floor boards) and a light bar.

Getting back to Sturgis...... Someone here told me that an owner of one of the Harley shops in Daytona was killed at Sturgis this year. He supposedly was passing a truck when it decided to take a left turn. :wacko: Anyone hear about this?