[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blackouts

tazinib1

This is coming off a Charger tweet about the home blackout policy. Seems that alot of teams are staging massive ticket sale campaigns but are falling short due to the recession. I'm wondering if the NFL will be more laxed this year, taking into consideration these economic times. I know most teams have not raised ticket prices and have lowered concessions, but I'm not sure that will get them over the hump. I know 2 of the first pre-season games for the Chargers are already earmarked as blacked out. Disturbing!!!!

The local paper here in Jax did an interview with Wayne Weaver the owner and he stated that ALL home games are pretty much going to be blacked out. More than disturbing as I can't see this team surviving more than a couple more years here in Jax if this keeps up. Weaver is losing his ass.

Edited by jaxfactor

The local paper here in Jax did an interview with Wayne Weaver the owner and he stated that ALL home games are pretty much going to be blacked out. More than disturbing as I can't see this team surviving more than a couple more years here in Jax if this keeps up. Weaver is losing his ass.

How could an owner in today's NFL lose his ass?

Seriously. Is it really possible?

Not a thread about Taz's drinking :wacko:

Any team that can't sell out should be moved to LA. That will learn 'em! :D

Yeah, move them to a much bigger market where they can still not sell out. Aside from a fairly small but fiercely loyal group of fans (props to the melon-heads) that city just doesn't care about pro football any more. Hasn't for decades.

All the while the Bills have reached their second highest ever total for season tickets at 54,000+ maybe even 56,000 I forget. Buffalo is dieing and the team remains strong. Despite one of the leagues longest playoff drought. They also have a very large stadium at 74,000, in the top 5 or six.

So the next Toronto Bills joke earns the barer a much needed beating.

In the Chargers defense, paying full price to watch exibition games is painful. The Bills sellout one of two preseason games but it's kids day and prices are reduced.

In the Chargers defense, paying full price to watch exibition games is painful.

No kidding, that is one of the reasons I ditched my Texans season tickets. Paying full price for 4 meaningless preseason games is ridiculous.

No kidding, that is one of the reasons I ditched my Texans season tickets. Paying full price for 4 meaningless preseason games is ridiculous.

The NFL simply HAS to give teams more lattitude in pricing and promotions for pre-season games. The rumor in St. Louis was that the Rams were not allowed to price the tickets cheaper by NFL policy, but that they wanted to send their season ticket-holders vouchers (one for each home pre-season game) that would be good for a certain dollar amount at the concession or souvenier stands. As a season-ticket holder I would have appreciated that. Apparently, the NFL considered that "discounting" the pre-season tickets and nixed it. Nice.

By the way, it's TWO pre-season games season-ticket holders have to pay full-price for, not four. It still sucks.