[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie in need of advice!

Nycplayer715

Hello everyone, Looking for some advice on my roster. Just finished up the draft. My first ever fantasy football draft, and I was lucky enough to have been received the 1st pick. Playing amongst a few veterans so it'd beb great if you guys can help me tweak my team for better to secure this great opportunity to do well and make my mark for years to come. Also any advice with what you would do different. It is a TD league if I remember correctly, 12 teams. Thank you in advance for any help!

1 QB /20RUYRDS /1pt

2RB /10YRDS /1pts

3WRS /10YRDS /1PT

Turnovers/INT/fumbles/-2PTs

QBS - Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub , Matt Cassel (12th round figured I'd trade him n take him while he was available.)

RBs - Adrian Peterson, LenDale White, Ray Rice, Laurance Maroney (Sleeper)

WRs - Reggie Wayne, Anqaun Boldin, Ochocinco Brandon Stokley, Rasheid Davies

TEs - Zach Miller, Bo Scaife

Dallas Defense

K- Jason Elam

Thanks again! :wacko:

QBs are average with upside. You do need to go add Hasselbeck, Stafford and Leinart to lock up the majority of QBs named matt though

RB depth is suspect, but if LenDale keeps up with last years production or Rice secires the starting job, could be good.

WRs strong top 3 which is good, especially if PPR, depth is suspect afte that.

TEs are average

Probably a B team that needs a few breaks to go their way to compete for a title.

And, in honor of Grits, 12.4876592734

I'd like to see your draft order. Not a bad team. You should have a winning percentage and make the playoffs If LenDale or Ray Rice get consistent. You're either smart or luck by focusing on WRs. I think there are Too Many RBBC. You can get quality RBs in the mid round this year.

Stokely wont see the ball this year. Orton blows. Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshall are the main targets plus Gaffney is supposedly impressing.

Plus Orton will be dump off master to Jeb, Scheff, C-Buck and Moreno.

You might as well just cut Stokely and pick up an interesting flyer now.

In the future never draft 3 QBs. You can only start 1, If somehow both your QBs go down, Its a 12 team league, There will always be a QB that can get a point or 10 on the Waiver Wire.

Thanks Country and Ruff for the tips. I've studied Stokley and I was already considering dropping him, possibly for a WR like a Sinorice Moss or possibly a rookie QB. As for my draft order (snake) it went:

1. AP 1st round

24. Reggie Wayne, 2nd rd

25. Anquan Boldin 3rd round

49. Lendale White 4th round

50. Ray Rice ( 5th maybe kind of early, but met him personally, and a stand up guy, bias pick haha )

NA. Ochocinco (6th)

NA.Matt Ryan ( 7th chose him over Cutler, Cutler lost his receiving core)

NA. Zach Miller (8th)

NA. Matt Shaub (9th)

NA. Dallas D ( 10th I guess good defenses get chosen early? )

NA. Laurance Maroney (11th)

NA. Matt Cassel (12th either going to trade him or Shaub possibly before season begins)

NA. Bo Scaife (13th)

NA. Jason Elam (14th)

NA. Brandon Stokley ( 15th)

Na. Rashied Davis ( 16th)

Edited by Nycplayer715

As RB said, QB are easy to come by, so you'd need a really desperate team out there to find a trade worth doing for a QB. You took D too early. You took a 2nd and a 3rd QB too early.

I see and I guess I kind of figured. Any idea on what to do with them? Should I let go of Cassel or Shaub, both have their pros and cons it seems.

Edited by Nycplayer715

I see and I guess I kind of figured. Any idea on what to do with them? Should I let go of Cassel or Shaub, both have their pros and cons it seems.

I don't let Schaub go. heck, I've got him ranked right there with Ryan but with even greater upside with his weapons.

The decision of whether or not to let Cassel or anyone else goes has way too many factors involved... who else is available, is there a team that may want him, can you do add/drops now before the season begins, etc.

Also, a little clarity on your scoring rules wouldn't hurt.. ie TD scoring, is it PPR, any unusual rules?

I don't let Schaub go. heck, I've got him ranked right there with Ryan but with even greater upside with his weapons.

The decision of whether or not to let Cassel or anyone else goes has way too many factors involved... who else is available, is there a team that may want him, can you do add/drops now before the season begins, etc.

Also, a little clarity on your scoring rules wouldn't hurt.. ie TD scoring, is it PPR, any unusual rules?

"You better listen to him NYCplayer...he's premed...." :wacko:

Edited by The Wolf

K too early as well. IMHO, the very last two picks of a draft are where a K and a D go.

Well, it depends.

If your projections have a defense scoring more points than say, your 3rd running back, who won't start generally, or a 4th WR, it makes sense to grab a top defense. You are trying to maximize points, and points on the bench do you no good.

Just depends on the scoring and starter requirements of course.

Yeah i'm trying to offer Shaub/Cassel for someone like a Donald Driver, or another number 2 receiver. Another buddy has Jason Campell as his backup QB and said he was interested in Cassel or Shaub. I can drop/add but I am last on waiver wire. I can claim Jeremy Maclin, but i am last on the waiver wire so doubt he'll end up with me. It is a TD league, with no unusual rules as far as I'm concerned. But thanks again for the responses.

Yeah i'm trying to offer Shaub/Cassel for someone like a Donald Driver, or another number 2 receiver. Another buddy has Jason Campell as his backup QB and said he was interested in Cassel or Shaub. I can drop/add but I am last on waiver wire. I can claim Jeremy Maclin, but i am last on the waiver wire so doubt he'll end up with me. It is a TD league, with no unusual rules as far as I'm concerned. But thanks again for the responses.

I think Schaub is worth quite a bit more than Driver. I don't like a straight up trade for him.

Well, it depends.

If your projections have a defense scoring more points than say, your 3rd running back, who won't start generally, or a 4th WR, it makes sense to grab a top defense. You are trying to maximize points, and points on the bench do you no good.

Just depends on the scoring and starter requirements of course.

Well... points on your bench also are points not in your opponents lineup, so, in theory if taking a small drop at team defense production (and let;s face it, there are always late round and waiver wire finds here) produces a bigger hit at RB or WR production in your opponents, does that not accomplish a greater overall gain for your self? Could be a good theoretical discussion...

I think Schaub is worth quite a bit more than Driver. I don't like a straight up trade for him.

Agreed. I have Schaub on my underrated watch list right now. I just like the weapons he has.

Well... points on your bench also are points not in your opponents lineup, so, in theory if taking a small drop at team defense production (and let;s face it, there are always late round and waiver wire finds here) produces a bigger hit at RB or WR production in your opponents, does that not accomplish a greater overall gain for your self? Could be a good theoretical discussion...

Agreed. I have Schaub on my underrated watch list right now. I just like the weapons he has.

Shaub also gets injured alot which is why some might rate him lower than Cassel. But Country, I just got offered Greg Jennings and Matt Forte for Reggie Wayne and Ray Rice... I was shocked. I should take it right???????

Shaub also gets injured alot which is why some might rate him lower than Cassel. But Country, I just got offered Greg Jennings and Matt Forte for Reggie Wayne and Ray Rice... I was shocked. I should take it right???????

Take it now. Good lord that is an upgrade at RB and at worst an equal exchange at WR

Regarding Schaub, need to look at the other thread about him, but I don;t think it is fair to say he gets hurt a lot at this point.

This is a very good point.