[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Leagues Scoring

weebo

So im in a 12 team league and we start:

1-QB

2-RB

2-WR

1-Flex (RB or WR)

1-Kicker

1-Def.

We combine TE and WR

Scoring is:

QB 2 pts first 200 yards combined 1 point every additional 25 yards--5pts passing TD ..-1 INT

RB and WR- 2pts first 75 combined yards 1 point every additional 25 yards.. 6 pts TD...-1 fumble

Kickers 3 pts for fieldgoals..-1pt missed FG ...1pts PA...-1pt missed PA

the reason i ask is that a running back in this format with a 100 yard game and 1 TD will get 9pts

and a kicker with 3 FG and 2 PA's will out score the RB with 11pts...

what are your thoughts with this scoring system???

thanks

oh and i think you should go to decimal scoring and score guys for all the yards they accumulate instead of using arbitrary numbers before giving any points

i mean how big of a difference is there between 74 yards vs 75 yards? in your scoring system it is the difference between 0 points and 2 points.

what are your thoughts with this scoring system???

It sounds pretty much like a scoring system from the days where the commish would calculate the weekly game results on Wed morning using the USA Today box scores ... then hand write up a weekly league newsletter (using carbon paper to make duplicate copies) that would be sent out to each owner via US Mail.

Regardless, it's essentially a TD only league with yardage threshold bonus points - and there has to be some arbitrary threshold in that scheme - be it 200/75 or 133/29 or whatever. IMO it's tough to give PKs anything but "reality points" (ie 3 FG, 1 XP) in many schemes, but it really does not matter all that much.

Bottom line, if most/all of the owners are satisfied with a scoring scheme, it does not make any real difference what that scheme is ... but IMO, most FF players that have been involved in the game for a long time have happily "evolved" into more complex scoring approaches than may have been realistic during the USA Today era, and with all the computerized scoring/stat tracking tools now available, I'd personally have some difficulty reverting back to a TD only format such as was used in my local league for years.

I'm not sure if this really even answers your original question, but if you think that PKs are overvalued in your league then my best suggestion would be to propose the league switches to a more "standard" performance based FF scoring system.

Packer chatters had bonus' for kicking percentages that led to some crazy scores. In some games kickers scored more than players scoring 2 touchdowns.

In 05 Neil Rackers was the 7th highest scorer.

Bill Cundiff scored 73 points in one game. Highest league scorers.

This is a leaguer where winners usually score 180-200 points so 73 is 40% of total.It was crazy.

League scoring system

Only getting 3 points for a hundred yard rushing game is not much. Most leagues you would get a point every 10 yds which would equal 10 pts. instead of three. If you are not happy with the scoring system then bring a vote to the league to change it. I personally would not play in a league with that scoring system. I think it's too TD heavy. We do something similar with our QB's. In our league you don't get any points until the QB reaches 200. After that you get 1 point for every ten yards. I like this scoring because you only get rewarded if your QB has a good to great day. We also penalize our QB's -5 for INT's.

It sounds pretty much like a scoring system from the days where the commish would calculate the weekly game results on Wed morning using the USA Today box scores ... then hand write up a weekly league newsletter (using carbon paper to make duplicate copies) that would be sent out to each owner via US Mail.

that is exactly what it is...most of the teams have been in this league more or less forever..but we're Canadian so we got our stats from the Globe & Mail or the Toronto Star...

the reason most of my league mates like this type of scoring is because if your FF player had a good day you should get good FF points...you shouldn't get points if he just had an average day...

there are some new guys that joined the league last year, so i think i should be able to convince them to put a more standard scoring system to a vote...

thanks for everyones input...