[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Might be my best draft ever

Mr Hammock

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been on in a while. Work keeps me pretty busy sometimes.

I play in a twelve team league at NFL.com, the free version. We use standard rules. You know I play every year and always draft close to last, but I like drafting last, especially when someone big falls to me. This year Peyton fell to me at #11. I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, I was very surprised with how good my team turned out:

Manning, Peyton

Grant, Ryan

Johnson, Chris

Gonzalez, Anthony

Harvin, Percy

Royal, Eddie

Keller, Dustin

Rackers, Neil

Vikings

Rice, Ray

Smith, Kevin

Stewart, Jonathan

Rice, Sidney

Walter, Kevin

On a scale of 1 to 10, what do you think?

Edited by Mr Hammock

Unless this league gives 10 pts for passing tds, why would you take Peyton 11th!?!?!?

Because the last few years I have went RB early and then been stuck playing QB Roulette the entire year. Plus I had Pick #13 so I got a good RB there. The four picks after Peyton I got Chris Johnson, Ryan Grant, Anthony Gonzalez, and Kevin Smith.

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been on in a while. Work keeps me pretty busy sometimes.

I play in a twelve team league at NFL.com, the free version. We use standard rules. You know I play every year and always draft close to last, but I like drafting last, especially when someone big falls to me. This year Peyton fell to me at #11. I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, I was very surprised with how good my team turned out:

Manning, Peyton

Grant, Ryan

Johnson, Chris

Gonzalez, Anthony

Harvin, Percy

Royal, Eddie

Keller, Dustin

Rackers, Neil

Vikings

Rice, Ray

Smith, Kevin

Stewart, Jonathan

Rice, Sidney

Walter, Kevin

On a scale of 1 to 10, what do you think?

sry dude but you aren't gonna get much from those wr's. anthony gonzalez, harvin, and royal...don't know that sounds a little weak imho. and i kinda like brady before manning. but that's just me personally. who knows you might strike it rich w/ those picks, good luck

sry dude but you aren't gonna get much from those wr's. anthony gonzalez, harvin, and royal...don't know that sounds a little weak imho. and i kinda like brady before manning. but that's just me personally. who knows you might strike it rich w/ those picks, good luck

I think Gonzo will have a breakout year. Royal becomes even more interesting if Marshall keeps acting like a fool. Kevin Walter is actually my 3rd WR, but I am waiting to see if he will be ready to go in week 1.

To be honest, that's not that great of a draft. Sorry.

I have went a lot further with a lot less. I don't see many weaknesses on my team, but time will tell. I am a 16 point favorite in week 1 and the GURU says I will score 120 points with this lineup. That's great in an NFL.com league.

Weak WR's no #1 WR on your team at all, I'd rather play QB roulette than WR roulette and if I remember correctly you start 3 WR in nfl.com

But, who really knows Grant could be back and Royal might be ok in #1 coverage (if no Marshall) and Gonzo might pick up the slack from no Harrison ( well at least what doesn't go to Clark) and Harvin (sorry can't find a what if here) but good luck all the same

Looking at it now I'd say you have a + over 7-8 teams in the Qb, a + over 1-2 teams in RB, maybe a + in DEF, but -'s in both WR and TE

Weak WR's no #1 WR on your team at all, I'd rather play QB roulette than WR roulette and if I remember correctly you start 3 WR in nfl.com

But, who really knows Grant could be back and Royal might be ok in #1 coverage (if no Marshall) and Gonzo might pick up the slack from no Harrison ( well at least what doesn't go to Clark) and Harvin (sorry can't find a what if here) but good luck all the same

Looking at it now I'd say you have a + over 7-8 teams in the Qb, a + over 1-2 teams in RB, maybe a + in DEF, but -'s in both WR and TE

FWIW Marshall was reinstated today.

Thanks for your answer. I disagree with my receiver position, however it seems to be what most people here think I am weak at. Maybe I am betting the potential of my players at the position. I think I am VERY strong at TE. Besides Dallas Clark, I wouldn't pick anyone over Dustin Keller right now.

This year Peyton fell to me at #11. I couldn't believe it.

Why would this be so unbelievable ?

I took Peyton in the middle of the 3rd round in 1 of my drafts and I am still kicking myself because Rivers fell to the 6th round and I would much rather have Rivers plus a 3rd round WR/RB then a 6th round WR/RB plus Manning.

You never mentioned your scoring system so maybe it is 18 pts for a TD pass or something then it would make more sense.

Thanks for your answer. I disagree with my receiver position, however it seems to be what most people here think I am weak at. Maybe I am betting the potential of my players at the position. I think I am VERY strong at TE. Besides Dallas Clark, I wouldn't pick anyone over Dustin Keller right now.

i think it's okay to take chances if it's one wr but when you're going on potential on all 3 wr's, that's a big risk. don't worry though, i didn't do much better in my draft, studs at wr and qb, nothing at rb.

sry i have to laugh at that dustin keller thing though. good luck again to you.

The guy who took the Steelers in round 1 needs to banned from your league and from ever playing fantasy football ever again.

Here is his team:

Roethlisberger, Ben QB

Benson, Cedric RB

Holmes, Santonio WR

Smith, Steve WR

Welker, Wes WR

Clark, Dallas TE

Gostkowski, Stephen K

Steelers DST

Manning, Eli QB

Mendenhall, Rashard RB

Breaston, Steve WR

Miller, Zach TE

Jaguars DST

Edited by Mr Hammock

Not even Gonzalez, Gates, or Witten?

What leads you to believe he is going to be such a stud?

Rookie QB, who has already showed that he has faith in him. Keller will likely end up being the go to guy, IMO. Teams like to double the corners against rookie QB's and make them earn it over the middle.

Gonzo is old and I THINK the wheels will show signs of falling off this year. Gates, see Gonzo. Whitten is very good and gets a lot of looks. I would pick Keller over Whitten. Just my opinion. I know my thinking goes against most others. We'll see soon, though.

Why would this be so unbelievable ?

I took Peyton in the middle of the 3rd round in 1 of my drafts and I am still kicking myself because Rivers fell to the 6th round and I would much rather have Rivers plus a 3rd round WR/RB then a 6th round WR/RB plus Manning.

You never mentioned your scoring system so maybe it is 18 pts for a TD pass or something then it would make more sense.

The scoring is standard NFL.com scoring. 1 point for every 25 yards passing, 6 for TD and -2 for INT.

If Peyton throws for 250 a game 2 TD's and an Int on average, per game then he will get me 20 points a week.

No way would Peyton or Rivers make it past the first round and a half in an NFL.com league.

I don't like leagues where RB's and WR's are favored as much as it sounds like they are in your league. I like the balanced leagues.

The scoring is standard NFL.com scoring. 1 point for every 25 yards passing, 6 for TD and -2 for INT.

If Peyton throws for 250 a game 2 TD's and an Int on average, per game then he will get me 20 points a week.

No way would Peyton or Rivers make it past the first round and a half in an NFL.com league.

I don't like leagues where RB's and WR's are favored as much as it sounds like they are in your league. I like the balanced leagues.

You could've easily picked up a stud WR (or RB) in your first round and still drafted a great value at QB a few rounds later just by looking at the first round of your draft. That in itself would've improved your team, instead you are stuck with a very weak WR core. Hints why RB's and WR's are favored so much, even with your league settings.

Edited by drewjh