[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cool Music Site

Menudo

Pandora Radio

:D

You type in an artist or the name of a song, and it creates a streaming music station of similar music.

I'm jamming to some Kenny Rogers right now :wacko:

I love technology :D

Pandora Radio

:D

You type in an artist or the name of a song, and it creates a streaming music station of similar music.

I'm jamming to some Kenny Rogers right now :wacko:

I love technology :D

this is cutting edge stuff............did you know they have little cordless phones with invisible antennas that you can carry in your pocket too?

Pandora has been around for a while dude - but by all means crank the Mike Bolton and New Kids all day long

Edited by wildcat2334

this is cutting edge stuff............did you know they have little cordless phones with invisible antennas that you can carry in your pocket too?

Pandora has been around for a while dude - but by all means crank the Mike Bolton and New Kids all day long

that was kinda rough.

Yeah I've listened to thousands of hours of Pandora. I just upgraded to Pandora One because there is now a 40 hour/week limit and I work from home and listen all day. So now it doesn't stop after an hour of inactivity which is awesome too.

Just two complaints: After 2+ years, it has found all the "new" music it can find for me. Every once in a while I get new songs/bands but not as much as in the beginning. That said, probably half of the songs I hear are bands I never heard of or listened to much when I started, so it has expanded my library quite a bit. The other complaint is that sometimes it goes on a run of a certain type of genre, until it veers into hardcore obscurity. For example, I seeded a few Ramones and Sex Pistols songs, so sometimes it will start playing them, followed by some Clash, then Fugazi, Minor Threat and all this hardcore punk stuff I'm not into. Ditto Classic Rock, it will start with a Neil Young song, then play all this mellow 60's hippie crap for an hour. Each song that plays usually has something in common with the last song that played. You have to be careful not to seed a song like Sister Christian unless you want to hear tons of Winger, Warrant, Poison, etc.

im listening to it right now on y nad integrated amplifier and jbl studio 12" speakers with 12 gauge wiring

listen to spindrift its awesome! i just discovered them a couple months ago at the fetus and its on pandora

music is awesome

Kudo's on the NAD and 12 gauge wiring. Not so much on the JBL's. They can play loud but I've always thought they had a harshness to them that induced listening fatigue after some time, kinda like Klipsh.

Yeah, I've known about Pandora for a while too. It is kinda cool but I think it gets old rather quickly. I'd still rather put my CD player on random and see what it turns up.

Edited by Kid Cid

:wacko:

Yeah I've listened to thousands of hours of Pandora. I just upgraded to Pandora One because there is now a 40 hour/week limit and I work from home and listen all day. So now it doesn't stop after an hour of inactivity which is awesome too.

Just two complaints: After 2+ years, it has found all the "new" music it can find for me. Every once in a while I get new songs/bands but not as much as in the beginning. That said, probably half of the songs I hear are bands I never heard of or listened to much when I started, so it has expanded my library quite a bit. The other complaint is that sometimes it goes on a run of a certain type of genre, until it veers into hardcore obscurity. For example, I seeded a few Ramones and Sex Pistols songs, so sometimes it will start playing them, followed by some Clash, then Fugazi, Minor Threat and all this hardcore punk stuff I'm not into. Ditto Classic Rock, it will start with a Neil Young song, then play all this mellow 60's hippie crap for an hour. Each song that plays usually has something in common with the last song that played. You have to be careful not to seed a song like Sister Christian unless you want to hear tons of Winger, Warrant, Poison, etc.

Try clicking the button to add variety. I've found that even if I add one of the artists it plays regularly that it will also draw from another pool of artists & kinda freshen up my playlist. I've also found that giving the "thumbs up" on too many songs causes the playlist to get in a rut.

Edited by rajncajn