[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT...

Flip_Side

The Chargers offense looked out of tune, period. LT and Sproles did split the rushing but what is really odd is Sproles playing on 3rd downs and being target for 7 times against LT's 3. It's only the 1st game and BTW the Raiders defense looked pretty dang fast or maybe the Chargers were slow, or both... :wacko: Pretty interesting 1st week overall.

The environment and emotion for a young Raider team had them hyped to the point where it was almost like a "palyoff" game. The Chargers did not match the intensity until the second half, where they took over and finally put it away. The only second half mistake the Chargers really made was the long pass on fourth down. They turned that game around, slowly, and pulled it out in fine fashion.

It was a heck of an effort by the Raiders and I was amazed they played so well.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The environment and emotion for a young Raider team had them hyped to the point where it was almost like a "palyoff" game. The Chargers did not match the intensity until the second half, where they took over and finally put it away. The only second half mistake the Chargers really made was the long pass on fourth down. They turned that game around, slowly, and pulled it out in fine fashion.

It was a heck of an effort by the Raiders and I was amazed they played so well.

Hey Boogieman ...what's your take on Sprolls? I'd also like to know what your take is Chargerz.

Don't drink and post.

LT has lost at least a step if not 2 - his stats might be OK in the end but he is clearly a shell of his former self. Heck Sproles was darting in and out of that same D the way LT used to. Looks like a lot more sharing than I would've expected. And hardly a sniff receiving-wise.

D Williams might "bust" too but I'm glad I took him over LT. Course I should have taken Moss over both like I told myself I would but that "gotta have a top RB" thing dies hard :wacko:

where at?when oakland played deep zone and didnt cover the dinks?

im sure cedric benson could have made those plays too.

i'm not sure what is so hard to understand about sproles getting under 3 ypc and lt getting over 4ypc.

Hey Boogieman ...what's your take on Sprolls? I'd also like to know what your take is Chargerz.

Sproles will continue to do what he did last night....be hugh in the return game and spell LT. Norv will not consistently pound Sproles off-tackle in the running game. He's too small for that. If LT is injured and out for a whole game or more, Michael Bennett will assume LT's role.

Sproles will continue to do what he did last night....be hugh in the return game and spell LT. Norv will not consistently pound Sproles off-tackle in the running game. He's too small for that. If LT is injured and out for a whole game or more, Michael Bennett will assume LT's role.

Thanks... you SD guys are money.

+1

I did draft LT at #1 in a league for fun because I like him, the Chargers and it doesn't really matter. Who knows? Maybe some of the resistance to injury does fade significantly with age or "hitting the wall". There has been no indication of when he got hurt and on what play, so we didn't get to see any replay of how ugly it may have been.

But yeah, Micheal Bennett!

+1

I did draft LT at #1 in a league for fun because I like him, the Chargers and it doesn't really matter. Who knows? Maybe some of the resistance to injury does fade significantly with age or "hitting the wall". There has been no indication of when he got hurt and on what play, so we didn't get to see any replay of how ugly it may have been.

But yeah, Micheal Bennett!

I thought I heard he hurt his ankle on the play he fumbled?

I thought I heard he hurt his ankle on the play he fumbled?

What I read today was that he was hurt on the play that he fumbled. LT just does not drop the rock. The talk about LT's last fumble is a little misguided. There was another fumble more recently. It was in the playoff game in Indy where they won without LT or Rivers as Volek lead the team to a late win. The following week LT did not play in NE and took a lot of heat for it. He fumbled, but the Chargers recovered, hence it kind of disappears in the stats.

What concerns me about this tidbit of info is that if the only time he fumbles is when he really gets hurt on the play to the point that if it distracts him to the point of not thinking about holding onto the ball, how badly did he really get hurt on Monday night? He is a tough player and has played with a lot of injuries throughout his career and doesn't fumble. If this is a "trend" that indicates how much it hurt when it happened, there may be cause for concern.

I agree with an earlier post that LT should probably be held out for a couple weeks and let it get better. Micheal Bennett can carry the load for now and take the beating against Balt, Miami and Pittsburgh and have LT come back fresh and much more of a force after the bye when the schedule softens up a bit. He won't get better if he is playing dinged and this is exactly why they kept Bennett. Yeah, he is an "older" back, but much fresher than LT and has not faced the pounding for a few years.