[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

borderline hypertensive

frenzal rhomb

just found out I'm borderline hypertensive. Just turned 40, eat reasoanbly well, drink a little too much, work out, walk 4.5 miles a day, 5'9" - 165 so not fat, yet my BP is 130/90.

Anyone know how to reduce BP naturally, want to avoid meds. Ive read all the internet stuff, anyone lowered their BP naturally??

What really works??

thanks

Pay attention to everything you eat. You would be surprised at just how much hidden sodium is in our food supply. For example, most people think of sugars when thinking about a soda [pop for all of you red necks] but peep out the sodium content next time.

But sometimes, genetics can play a larger factor. Still, eat more fruit and veggies, quit eating processed foods, drink about 5 to 6 glasses of water a day [your fruit and veggies will give you plenty of water as well] and finally cut out eating red meat more than twice a week.

prevent yourself from buying ready made meals...not so much canned stuff....

if the list of ingredients on the package looks kinda long, you probably don't want to consume that...even check the bread you are buying...the spaghetti sauce....everything...

there's all kinds of crap in the food today that it is plain sickening..

sit down the red meat for some :wacko: ...umm...I always suggest flaxseed oil/pills or seeds....whatever works for you...

if you have a dutch country/amish market around....start going there for your food.....when I 1st bought chicken from the dutch market, it was like having it for the very 1st time....

there's really so many ways to go about this....just think about what you are eating and stay clear of the fast food...

Anyone know how to reduce BP naturally, want to avoid meds. Ive read all the internet stuff, anyone lowered their BP naturally??

My bp has always been good; I have been doing aerobic exercise more often and my doctor just labeled my bp "excellent."

... will probably get you where you need to be.

dont eat processed foods - drink at least 64 oz water a day and havent been in a fast food restaurant in years. I do however, drink at least four beers a day, at least, and on sundays well..........

anyway - gonna kick up the fiber, citrus fruits and try to reduce stress -