[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Math Help Needed

Beaumont

Pretend you are standing on the beach. You want to explore 6 miles in all directions (but not the sea, so it makes your search area a half circle).

So the radius of your half circle is 6 miles. What is the total search area? What is the area in acres?

I forgot this level of math after high school. I thought some of you might be better or may want to show your big brains.

:wacko:

How many bushels? Hectares? What percentage of a parsec?

A bushel is a weight or volume measurement, so it does not apply here.

1 hectare = 2.47105381 acres so for the above, it is 36,191.1474 / 2.471 = 14,646.0377 hectares

a parsec is a linear measurement of 3.26 light years, so it does not apply to an area.

:wacko:

Pretend you are standing on the beach. You want to explore 6 miles in all directions (but not the sea, so it makes your search area a half circle).

So the radius of your half circle is 6 miles. What is the total search area? What is the area in acres?

I forgot this level of math after high school. I thought some of you might be better or may want to show your big brains.

:D

your radius =6

6 squared x pi (3.14159)=113.09724 miles

One square mile = 640 acres

640*113.09724=72382.2336 acres

I think :wacko:

opps forgot to divide it in half for the half circle: 36191.1168

Edited by keggerz