[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cell phones, need new one...

BeeR

Pretty well decided on staying with Verizon. Not sure if this link will work but at the top I'm seeing the "free" ones w/2 yr subscription:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/c...es//cell+phones

I might go all the way up to $19.99 for one. :wacko: Any of these y'all have had and liked? Again I don't give a flying poo about the bells n whistles - all I care about is being reliable, good user friendliness, battery etc.

Are not you due for your "new every two" with your plan? If you are then you can probably get any phone that is $200.00 or less for free if you get it on line. I know that I have been due for my new every two for almost a year now but have not found a phone that I like to replace my old outdated LG flip. I am looking at that LG enV TOUCH but one thing that it seems a lot of people complain about is battery life. That phone is listed at 199.00 with a 100.00 online discount and then I would get the 99.00 off because of my new every two that is worth 100.00.

All I am really trying to tell you is that you may not have to limit yourself to the free or 19.99 phones as I seem to think you are due for your new every two.

Thx but that's N/A as I just have a POS "pay as you go" phone I bought at wal mart earlier this year. :wacko:

I'm kinda liking the LG "chocolate 3" which is an mp3 player on the front of the phone, also the general/look feel works for me and I like LGs. Nokias appear to be getting very low user ratings-? Saw a moto in the store the other day - a little bigger than most but I kinda like that sort of rubbery exterior that doesn't scuff up as easily (screw pissing away money on a cell phone case).

PS: not that it matters much, but curious: what the fark does "camera VGA" translate to in megapixels?

Edited by BeeR

For the motorolas, I experienced that the battery drains rather quickly.

For sure on this. My work deals with nothing but Motorolas and they are total crap compared to any model of LG that I have owned. In my house right now we have three different LG's and each one of them blows the Motorolas away. I get a new Motorola at least once a year and I am on my fifth one and still have never had one that I liked and or would recomend.

Thx but that's N/A as I just have a POS "pay as you go" phone I bought at wal mart earlier this year. :wacko:

That's all my wife and I have and it works just fine for us. (Well, to be honest, the battery life sucks, but other than that, it serves us very well and very cheaply.)

Now see, I switched to a Moto phone because the LG I had stunk on battery life. I've decided the problem is car charging kills your batteries. I have one for emergencies, but I won't plug in my phone in the car now unless I have to.

My son has a Samsung Alias, and while he loves the phone, he has reception problems at the house where his cheapo Nokia had none. I have a Moto KRAZR that's small, solid and reliable. I think the Moto 755 is the current version. My old Moto 815 (830?) was the super old reliable phone. You should look on Ebay to buy a phone.

I've decided the problem is car charging kills your batteries. I have one for emergencies, but I won't plug in my phone in the car now unless I have to.

I don't claim to be a phone guru by any stretch but this bit about the car charger is dead on. It is a way different kind of charge and should only be used in emergency. One thing to having good battery life is conditioning the battery. People that pop the phone on a charger every day are killing the life of the battery. You need to let that battery go to almost dead and then fully charge in the house. This is crucial for the first few charges as that conditions the battery.

Verizon does have the new every two thing. I've been sticking with a LG series that is pretty basic for the last few years. The VX5500 is the model I'm on now. This model line is always among the cheaper available when I've looked in the stores. I rarely text or take pictures, so I just want a phone. The VX5500 has some bells and whistles over previous models in the line (like a music player), but I never use them.

• 3 weeks later...