[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NY Area Huddlers...

FWmaker

Ugh....my main reason for coming is in doubt....the General Manager is off property for a couple days tending to a family matter, and is not available to meet. :wacko: I am trying to get someone else on the property to take the meeting, but its looking doubtful.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Let me know soon. I drove in but if you arent coming down Ill just wait until we get another date when others can make it as well. I have to hang in the city for almost 3 hours until we meet. i am a little beat from the unexpected show my family and I went to last night in NY. I will go if you were coming down because I felt bad you making the long trip if we werent getting together. If not lets just reschedule

Let me know soon. I drove in but if you arent coming down Ill just wait until we get another date when others can make it as well. I have to hang in the city for almost 3 hours until we meet. i am a little beat from the unexpected show my family and I went to last night in NY. I will go if you were coming down because I felt bad you making the long trip if we werent getting together. If not lets just reschedule

I'm a go....got moved to the Holiday Inn in SoHo, which is a little out of the way, but I am definitely coming. I will be getting in around 4:00'ish, but have to get to the Tudor Hotel for a walk-thru, which should get me to Annie's around 7:00'ish.

F balls. My leaf loader crapped out today. I had to drive to Connecticut for a new impeller and made my mechanic work OT to get it back up and running. Just got home. By the time I feed and walk the dog, shower and get to the train... I'd be lucky to get there by 9 o'clock. I was really looking forward to this. Sorry guys.

So, how was your date? :wacko:

We had a great time. It's too bad Rovers had a last minute problem. I would have liked to have met him. Fat Annies is a great place to watch a game. Good food and atmosphere but not crazy crowded and you can actually sit and hear each other and have some good conversation.

It is always a pleasure seeing FWmaker (Howard) we have met a few times before this and have spoken on the phone a bunch of times as well. Guy is just a class act and as I always say just has a terrific dry sense of humor. He slips a joke into a conversation with such a straight face . I always enjoy meeting up with him and if anyone ever gets a chance to do the same you should jump at it.

I was there first. Swammi showed up about 30-45 minutes before Howard so we sat at the bar and got to know each other. I really enjoyed meeting the guy. He is a good family man and very down to earth. We talked about everything from family to work to sports . The conversation was effortless and I am glad he made the trip up. He and Howard particularly enjoyed giving me shots over the most recent Cowboys december failure :D Only the huddle can have Giants , Eagles and Cowboys fans get together and end up having a great time.

I look forward to doing this again. Next time hopefully Rovers and some of the other locals can join us as well. Great time last night. Howard , thanks again for the book. :D

Edited by whomper

Yes, a good time. It was great to meet the Swammi. Went to the same place we went to last year when Puddy was in town. We got in OK, so Puddy's reputation didn't tarnish the rest of us, I guess. The beers went down easily, just like Rovers' NY Jests. Rovers - next time come up with a better story...sheeesh. :wacko: And yes, we celebrated the Cowboys latest swoon, the stupidity of Flozell Adams, and all things HUDDLE. CD - when are you coming into town with some ribs???

Truely sorry I missed it. I especially wanted to meet Howard who actually offered to give me a ride to a hospital not so long ago. Whomp and Swammi sound like great guys too. I had to get that leaf loader fixed. Had a HUGH cleanup to do today, took all day. Tonight the weather gets really bad... had to get that done. In another week i'll be stting on my hands with squat to do.

Maybe I could meet you guys for lunch in the city? Heck, I'll even p[ick up the tab. Or happy hour... whatever.

Definitely a good time with two outstanding Huddlers. Whomper and FW are both two easy going guys, which made the conversation easy ( :wacko: ), the beers go down smooth, and the evening fly by. Great to hear some stories of Huddler gatherings of the past, get the low-down on whos really who, why Hugh shaves not just his head...ya know, all the really important stuff. We missed you Rovers....we need to do it again for sure :D

Most though, as this was the first time I've met any Huddler (or even anyone from a message board), it was great to have some beers with two great guys. Sometimes, with a big crowd, you don't really get a chance to sit and really talk to people. I can't imagine having missed out on that opportunity, and though this gathering was just the 3 of us, I seemed just right to talk smack, watch some football, and enjoy each other's company.

There will definitely be a next time :cheers: